“Best of the best for Travelellers”
Review of Chalet Im Rohr

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lauterbrunnen
Chalet Im Rohr
Interlaken, Switzerland
“Best of the best for Travelellers”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I love going and coming back everytime to the Chalet. It's a very traditionnal swiss Chalet, yet super comfortable and cosy. The scenery from the rooms is amazing and the location is ideal (center of the village). Can't find a better deal in town !
Staff is super friendly.

I would recommend the Chalet for couple, family and friends on a tight budget.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank poutika26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Singapore
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I spent a night at Chalet im Rohr in June. I was initially planning to spend two nights but then a friend invited me to spend a night with him in Bern. So around 10 am the second day (check out time is 9 am), I asked Elsbeth (the manager and owner) if I could leave a day early, and she said sure. What's more, Elsbeth let me hang out in the common area until 7 pm.

Given that the reviews for many hotels and B&Bs mention rude and unfriendly staff, I want to assure you that Chalet im Rohr is totally different and just the opposite.

Some people mentioned the bell of the church, but perhaps since my room wasn't facing the church, I didn't hear the bell at all.

Since I was traveling alone, I got a single room for 30 CHF, but it was tiny (just enough space for a single bed, a sink, and a table). If you aren't on a tight budget, get a bigger room. I tried to switch but they were all booked.

Room Tip: Not facing the church - as back as possible to avoid the sound of the bell
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Elsbeth runs the inn and was so very welcoming. The inn in very comfortable, quiet and has an unbelievable view of the valley. It's only a 10 minute walk from the train station in Lauterbrunnen. The rooms are furnished comfortable with basic appointments, a kitchen and dining area are available if you choose to cook. There is no reason to spend 10 times the cost and stay at a hotel. Stay at Chalet Im Rorh!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Elsbeth was such a welcoming hostess! The house has been in her husband's family for hundreds of years. It is almost 400 years old, so of course it has rustic charm. We were so fortunate to have a wonderful room on the second floor with a balcony over looking the falls.
The bathroom was down the hall, and shared, but very clean. The room was comfortable, not luxurious. It had a bed with side tables, a table and chairs and a sink - which was nice. Do bring earplugs because the church bells ring every 15 minutes just across the street.
The shared kitchen and dining hall was fine even though there was a large group using it at the same time. Unfortunately it was the time of the summer when the cows are brought down from the Alps through the town so there were many flies - but that's nature for you!
The price was great! There was wifi in the office. And Elsbeth sweetened it all!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ani-from-Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

The inn is located next to the waterfall. We can see the beautiful scenery in the balcony. The staff is very nice. The inn is a traditional wood house. The shower and toilet are not inside room but it is clean. The view from our room is very nice.

• Stayed June 2012
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This is the 3rd time I have stayed at Chalet im Rohr, the first being in 1995. We again choose this hotel as its affordable. All other hotels are SOOOOO expensive. I would describe this hotel as rustic. The floors creak, the mattress is a bit soft and showers and toilets are shared, but it's a great location at a great price. Each room has its own basin and table and chairs and is quite spacious, and the quilts keep you cosy warm overnight. There are 2 showers and 2 toilets on each floor and we never had to wait for either during our 3 nights there in June 2012. The owner Elspeth and her husband are welcoming and friendly. The hotel has a sensational view of Staubbach Falls, and there is a verandah to sit on in the evenings to enjoy a well deserved refreshing beverage (brandies and red wine were our choice, but not mixed together of course). Only word of warning is to pack earplugs, as the hotel is right next to a gorgeous church, and the bell in the church sounds every quarter Hour and on the hour. An earplug and a full day up the mountain cuts out the sound. I'd highly recommend chalet im rohr as for the price you can then afford to eat out, although a kitchen is available for guests to use.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pam M
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Myself and two friends stayed here for 2 nights and had a fantastic time. I wish I had stayed longer. The owners were really nice and helpful. The views from the balcony were breathtaking! The rooms were very clean, and it was in a great location. 5 mins from the train station. We rode our bikes and im so glad we did. You get to see, feel, and be a part of the stunning landscape around you. It really is a beautiful place! I wouldnt hesitate to go back. Great place for base jumpers, though personally, I think they are crazy!!

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Natalie C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauterbrunnen
Hotel Silberhorn
#2 of 20 in Wengen
Eiger Guesthouse
Eiger Guesthouse
#2 of 11 in Murren

Been to Chalet Im Rohr? Share your experiences!