“Fine dining on the slopes”
Review of Hotel Jungfrau

Hotel Jungfrau
Ranked #14 of 16 Restaurants in Lauterbrunnen
Cuisines: Swiss
Description: Also a hotel for accomodation
Description: Also a hotel for accomodation
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were advised by a local this was the best dining available on the mountain.
We noticed the Michelin Guide sign on entering.
The special of the day was Paella, an unusual but brilliant meal.

Pricey , however good value.
Menu is in German only , all the staff speak English & will happily translate
Bookings are essential and it is CASH only

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in sept 2013. Loved the warmth, coziness of the place. Fantastic views of the stubbach falls. Extremely sweet owner, friendly staff.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We real appreciate Rick Steves recommendation to use this hotel. The service started by picking up our luggage at the train station (only 3 blocks away) and it was raining. The staff was helpful and welcoming throughout our 3 night stay. The lady in the breakfast room was real nice and the assortment of food was excellent. They upgraded us to a view room, which is worth paying for because your balcony looks right out at the Jungfrau Mountain. This is a great place to stay, clean, quiet and lovely sitting room and bar.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in the hostel style room. I booked it on Hostelworld.com. There was a friendly lady that welcomed me and took me to my room. The room smelled a bit funky...but it has a direct view of the Staubbach waterfall. It's so close! But for $25 per night, the view made the funky smell worth it. I would definitely stay here again. It's great for young travelers on a budget. This place apparently has an indoor pool, but I was too busy enjoying the outdoors to go check it out. There's a common room with free coffee and tea, and a nice balcony overlooking the town, the waterfall, and the mountains. One night I went out there and enjoyed the stars with the sound of the waterfall in the background... Oh, and there's free WIFI, which is always a plus.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We had the fondue and were disappointed. They were very nice but the food was not as good as some of the others on the same street.