We stayed in a bungalow for 5 nights. It was a wooden cabin right by a little river which was nice. It had a very old ski lodge feel to it and the wood smelt like you were in a sauna which was pretty great as i can imagine it gets pretty cold there. Our double bed to be honest sucked! The mattress was way past its used by date we had big spring sticking out right in the middle of the bed so my wife and i had to rock off every night who got the crap side. The campsite was so full they couldnt move us to another room so we lived with it. Also there was no tap in the kitchen rather u had to use a gerry can each day for running water etc from the tap. But the scenery and location makes u forget all about these small inconveniences. The restaurant is awesome but be prepared switzerland is pricey! We had come from italy where everything was cheap and burnt alot of our travel money here but had fun doing it. They engrave swiss army knives here.. real ones not fake.....and the price was comparable everywhere we went in switzerland so worth doing there. The staff were amazing and very helpful and friendly asking how your day was, what did u do etc even though they were so busy. The shared bathroom was not great. The showers are those annoying button timed ones and the water turns off every 15 seconds.. sucks big time and u end up using more water as u just have to stand there with your hand on the button and wash one handed!
All in all stay here for sure, but if u can make sure you get a mobile home as a friend had one and although u pay more, boy it looks like it is worth it.... everything is new.... you get your own bathroom ensuite and bed that hasnt seen too much action if you know what i mean. Its a great base to go hiking, exploring, mountain bike riding and no matter what accom u stay in there u will be so exhausted it doesnt really matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Service:Free Wifi Internet for all Camping Jungfrau guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Camping Jungfrau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camping Jungfrau Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Camping Jungfrau Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland