Camping Jungfrau
  • Restaurant
Hotel Steinbock(Lauterbrunnen)
Hotel Baeren(Wengen)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmobile homedrying roomshop on sitebeautiful campsitetrain stationgreat siteexcellent facilitiesshower blockstaff at receptionmini supermarketcontiki tourcampsite restaurantwell stocked shopbed cabinstunning sceneryfree wificable car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was lucky I admit, I scored a 3 bed dorm to myself. Ahhh the bliss. Given that the beds were literally beside each other (and no lockers) I was happy with that. The room had a heater so was yummy and warm, however the drawbacks - further to walk from the train station from the other hostel, very noisy as wooden floors so you heard every body moving about. A decent kitchen downstairs and they gave you 30 mins free internet (yeah I bought 3 hours at 15 francs!), and internet only worked downstairs in their lounge area. There was a restaurant on the premises that I didn't eat at because the local pub gave me free wi fi so I went there instead. If I had a camper van I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If your travelling with a buddy, this could be perfect for you. It's clean, warm & cosy. I was in an upstairs room with noisy people arriving and showering late at night so I heard everything.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lon C
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed in a bungalow for 5 nights. It was a wooden cabin right by a little river which was nice. It had a very old ski lodge feel to it and the wood smelt like you were in a sauna which was pretty great as i can imagine it gets pretty cold there. Our double bed to be honest sucked! The mattress was way past its used by date we had big spring sticking out right in the middle of the bed so my wife and i had to rock off every night who got the crap side. The campsite was so full they couldnt move us to another room so we lived with it. Also there was no tap in the kitchen rather u had to use a gerry can each day for running water etc from the tap. But the scenery and location makes u forget all about these small inconveniences. The restaurant is awesome but be prepared switzerland is pricey! We had come from italy where everything was cheap and burnt alot of our travel money here but had fun doing it. They engrave swiss army knives here.. real ones not fake.....and the price was comparable everywhere we went in switzerland so worth doing there. The staff were amazing and very helpful and friendly asking how your day was, what did u do etc even though they were so busy. The shared bathroom was not great. The showers are those annoying button timed ones and the water turns off every 15 seconds.. sucks big time and u end up using more water as u just have to stand there with your hand on the button and wash one handed!

All in all stay here for sure, but if u can make sure you get a mobile home as a friend had one and although u pay more, boy it looks like it is worth it.... everything is new.... you get your own bathroom ensuite and bed that hasnt seen too much action if you know what i mean. Its a great base to go hiking, exploring, mountain bike riding and no matter what accom u stay in there u will be so exhausted it doesnt really matter.

Room Tip: upgrade to a mobile home if u can you wont regret it.... shared bathrooms are so annoying and the mobile homes we saw are all new instead of the old stuff in the bungalows
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank centurianblogs
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed in the mobile home. Bedding / linens was provided, but we had to pay to rent towels. The mobile home is compact but very functional - you have everything you need. It is a bit of a walk to the train station or to swimming pool - about 20 min. The camping itself is a mix of different accommodation types: places for tents, caravans (RV), mobile homes of different types, bungalows, big tents with multiple bunk beds, etc. Some caravans seem to be parked there forever and even integrated with wooden structures. You can sit and enjoy the view of waterfalls. One of them is even illuminated at night. Swimming pool is 15-20 min walk and you have to pay for it. This is also a great base to go to Shilthorn or Jungfraujoch from.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mijas12
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

To be quite honest, in the area there isn't a lot of options for accommodation so I picked Camping Jungfrau. It has a small bar that can be full of teenagers, so the bar down the road (the Horner) is your best bet for a quiet one.

The room I had was quiet small, which I shared with two others that I had not met before. Definately not enough room for three girls and their luggage! However it seems like it is about luck, a few of my friends had larger rooms but paid the same price.

Also the beds we had were a "double" bunk bed, which can be awkward if you were expecting to have a bed to yourself. But again each room was different.

There is a kitchen which is clean and well furnished, showers are free and there is a supermarket and restaurant on site (expensive). However I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is our favourite campsite - terrific location, great service, not too noisy after 10 p.m., good little restaurant and pizza takeaway, plenty of room between pitches, clean toilets. What's not to like? There is a great circular cable-car/walk/train/bus trek that you can do, which suits all ages - the oldies can hop on the train while the kids and dogs can run along the paths. We haven't found anywhere to match it for keeping kids/grandparents/adults entertained. The Trummelbach Falls nearby are worth a visit, as is Schilthorn if you have plenty of cash. The only downside is that it can be cold at night - make sure you have a decent sleeping bag if camping in May.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family