I have nothing to add to the reviews already posted. The hotel is a typical old style Swiss bed and breakfast type inn, so do not expect luxury accommodations . What really makes this place is the location and the staff. It would be difficult to find a place anywhere with a more scenic location. The staff at the hotel are the most friendly and helpful of any place I have ever stayed. We stayed for three nights in late June, 2012 during a very warm, sunny period and the only complaint I have is the lack of any type of air circulation or air conditioning in the room. It was rather warm in the room with the windows open until well after sundown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau, Switzerland