This review is long overdue; however, my husband and I are so grateful for the hospitality we received while staying at Hotel Staubbach. Thanks to Angie and the staff of Hotel Staubbach, my husband and I had an amazing time exploring the Swiss Alps, one that we will never forget.
Angie and the staff were extremely helpful in helping us decide what we wanted to do in the limited time we had while staying in the Lauterbrunnen valley. My husband and I have stayed in 5 and 4 star hotels before and never felt as comfortable as we did while staying at Hotel Staubbach.
Due to time limitations, Angie recommended that we take the train up to Kleine Scheidegg, as we would not be able to make it all the way up to Jungfrau. We saw the most amazing views, had a few beers, and met some other fellow travelers along the way. We stopped and had some fondue back in town and proceeded to our hotel room where we sat on the balcony and enjoyed the lovely view of the waterfall. It was so relaxing to hear the falls at night. We woke up the next morning to smiling faces and a tasty buffet.
After reading some of the less favorable reviews posted (there are few) I think that it is fair to point out that if you are looking to stay in a new hotel with a television and other such luxuries, this may not be the place for you. In fact, Lauterbrunnen valley may not be the place for you. In my opinion, spending time here is about re-connecting with yourself and getting away from all of the distractions that we have to deal with on a daily basis, television included. We felt like we were walking around in a postcard the whole time and if we ever have the chance to return, we will be staying with Angie at Hotel Staubbach. Thanks Angie for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau, Switzerland