“Friendy Staff”

Hotel Staubbach
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Friendy Staff”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

About 10 mins walk from the train station. Free wifi inside the room, and there are two computers in the family room for public use. Staying there on October at about Hk1500 per night with breakfast, its slow season while I was staying. A pleasant stay with Hotel Staubbach. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Clive H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We loved our short stay at Hotel Staubbach. The room had a wonderful view and the staff was extremely helpful at checkin and at breakfast to ensure that everyone had all the information they needed to have a great day in the area. Many of the transport options and hotels were closed during this season and they guided us to what would work best.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

After 6 weeks of European travel in major cities before our arrival in Lauterbrunnen, we thoroughly enjoyed the genuine hospitality of Hotel Staubbach.

Angie, the General Manager, is a very engaging leader who has hired happy people and trained them well. Angie and her entire staff are eager to make each guest's stay very comfortable and memorable.

A couple of notable staff examples include Nickoletta who works at the front desk and checked us in the evening we arrived and Maria who, among other things, serves as the breakfast hostess.

For those who do not have a specific itinerary for the day or who have had to modify plans due to weather, the staff is very happy to offer their alternatives for suggested outings for the day, dinner plans, etc.

Although Hotel Staubbach is really a very small hotel/ B&B, my wife and I would give 5 Bright Shining Stars to Angie and her team! Great people make for great guest experiences!

Stayed October 2013
Castro Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had a wonderful experience at hotel staubbach the location is perfect . Nikki the hostess was friendly and made our stay even better. The view from our room was breath taking. Can't wait to see this place in the spring.yes I will be back to la

Trinity Beach, Australia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

A great value for money hotel, excellent views from our room (22) which was a corner room overlooking Wengen, Staubbach Falls and the view down thru the Lauterbrunnen valley to the Swiss Alps was just stunning. Location was a great base for visiting the Alps, Jungfrauoch, Schilthorn, Thun, Briensz & Interlaken. Large bedroom with ok bathroom. Only supplied breakfast but that was very good, good variety. Staff very very courteous and helpful, great for asking where best places to visit. Price was excellent.

Room Tip: our room 22 was excellent, great views
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I seldom write review, but I can't wait to write a review for Staubbach although a short one. I for a room with balcony facing to Staubbach fall in my comment, but came across that with my budget, I only allow to have a smaller room, which located at Attic Room.We need to take lift until level 3, and take the staircase up. They fulfill our request by giving us a room smaller,but with the same view to fulfill us at the nearest.We could check and request to change room if we're not satisfied. This is already gaining some point based on her courtesy. Anyway,I like the room a lot with privacy.
In addition,I still remember I congrats Angie,the manager when I saw the many awards they have received, but she told me that was because of the view around, that makes them gain this,but seriously I don't think that's so easy, but at least she gains me another point, she's humble.

Another wow, is the breathtaking view of Jungfrau snow mountain,and Staubbach fall. We could enjoy our breakfast at the same looking at those view through the window,what a strategic breakfast position, and with the various choice of breakfast(bacon,scramble egg, yogurt, etc) is already fill up my day.

Other things I like are:
-no additional charge for filling the still water,taking coffee during the night,and they have a living hall with chess and tv, if you feel bored.
-no charge for borrowing universal adapter,just deposit required.
-Each staffs provide excellent service. They will ask you about your day during your breakfast which enlighten my day. They show their professionalism whenever I ask for any places, they will provide as much info as possible.
-they provide offer to store your luggage a while even tough you already check out, for our case because me and hubby went for paragliding nearby.
-Help us to make a short phone call without charging.

If any of my friends or relatives staying, I would simply recommend them this. Thanks to all the staffs for providing us such a I warm day during our stay. :-)

Room Tip: Near to Lauterbrunnen station,just walk straight (about 5 min walk), and you can take the train from...
2 Thank frimily
Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed 21 October 2013

With a load of luggage, it's an arduous trek from the train station. But the Hotel Staubbach is a more than fine reward for the effort. We had a comfortable front room with a balcony which included a 24 hour a day view of the Lauterbrunnen Falls and the occasional base jumper floating in the clouds and on one day, something of a cattle stampede. But quite a polite one, in the Swiss manner.

For sheer natural beauty, it would be difficult to top the Lauterbrunnen Valley. And for a perfect base, just as difficult to top the Hotel Staubbach. The staff is knowledgeable, helpful and just plain fun to be around. The building is well-maintained, nicely decorated and with more than a little bit of history to it. If you're driving, they have plenty of good parking. And if you've taken up the hobby of eating breakfast, they serve up a very good one. You can even grab a beer at the front desk, take it to your room, and sit on your balcony watching the water fall. To slake your hard-day-of-hiking thirst, you can even get yourself a second one. Or a third.

This is not St. Moritz so don't expect expensive boutiques and trendy boites (think Yosemite Valley). But there are a few very good restaurants, including the one at the camp ground, with its billion dollar view. I should add that "camp ground" does not quite convey what the place is really like. It's quite the all-encompassing operation.

The next time we're fortunate enough to be back in Lauterbrunnen, this is where we'll hang our loden coats guaranteed.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lauterbrunnen
Hotel Silberhorn
#3 of 7 in Lauterbrunnen
Hotel Eiger
Hotel Eiger
#1 of 11 in Murren

Been to Hotel Staubbach? Share your experiences!