Arrived via train into Lauterbrunnen and made the walk from the train station to the hotel. There she stood framed by the valley and the falls of which she bares her name.The army of 8 invaded her lobby and the desk clerk quickly assigned us our 4 rooms and instructed where we could store our luggage.
This was the beginning of three wonderful nights in the valley and a wonderful base in which to operate.If you are looking for expansive lobbies, room service, concierge , large rooms with flat screen TV's, this is not your place.
BUT, if you want a place that treats you like family, gives you a wonderful and comfortable place to sleep, feeds you a wonderful breakfast and is framed by the most beautiful God created scenery then this is your place. Angie, Julian and Lucy will complete your stay! Yes, I will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau, Switzerland