We stayed at this hotel on nights 5,6 and 7 of our 8 night stay in Switzerland. Nights 1-4 and night 8 was spent in Zurich. So we were well used to the exhorbitant prices in Switzerland once we hit Lauterbrunnen. This was a great place to use as a base for local exploration. Our daughter was hang gliding in Interlaken and we were traveling up the Eiger and Shilthorn. The hotel had loads of charm, was clean and the staff spoke perfect English and was incredibly friendly. It was located in the other end of town from the train station, but the town is tiny and the walk was short.
The first 2 nights were in room 22 which had a great view of the falls and was large enough and comfortable. When we extended to a third night we had to move to room 14. I would avoid this room. It was smaller, had a balcony on the front of the hotel but also had not electrical accounts whatsoever in the room - so no hair dryer or a place to plug one in. Other rooms could have the same problem. You might want to inquire. The shower was very cramped and somewhat non-functional as the shower head was very loose and had to be attended to the whole time in the shower or you would spray the entire bathroom (which I did). Our daughter had room 18 which was the best of the three rooms we had - balcony looking at the falls and a complete renovated bathroom with shower/tub combination.
The breakfast was very good and had everything you could ask for. The internet was free and while the wireless was not always functioning in the rooms, it was always functioning in the common room.
Our rooms were 160 chf for room 22 and room 18 and 150 chf for room 14. (spend the extra 10) We thought this was quite economical when you factored in the included breakfast.
If we go again - we would definitely stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau, Switzerland