It was a great stay and we're lucky to have met Ursula, the owner of the hotel, who was helpful in every way. She patiently provided us with detailed tips for day trips out and about Lauterbrunnen, and they were all great advice.
The hotel was a comfortable distance from the rail station, and this was vital for travellers like us who hop around a few countries in a single trip bearing lots of luggage. The view from our balcony was good, but the view everywhere in Lauterbrunnen's good anyhow. There isn't a lift, but that's not an issue for us (lugging the luggage up the stairs was good exercise, kind of.)
If there is a down side to Oberland, it's the bed and pillow. The bed was too bouncy for us and the pillows were rather flat. Gotta be careful not to shift too much, or you'll awaken your partner!
If you are someone who needs to stay connected to the Internet 24-7, you probably won't want to be in a room at the corner at the far end like we were. But really, in Lauterbrunnen, I think the Internet's the last thing you ought to connect to if you haven't already connected with nature!
Breakfast was good, and I appreciate the occasional hot chocolate early in the morning. The eggs heated on hot sand were also tasty! The breakfast staff was also always eager to serve.
By the way, the rosti at the restaurant was great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly, family run hotel is in the centre of Lauterbrunnen, only a 5 minute walk from the train station, not far from the famous "Staubbach" waterfall. Lauterbrunnen itself is situated in one of the most awe-inspiring settings in the world. Ideal for summer and winter vacations. We also have a popular restaurant serving typical Swiss dishes and other tasty things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Oberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberland Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Oberland Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau, Switzerland