We (my husband, myself, our daughter and son-in-law) stayed in the Edelweiss Apartment for five nights in June 2014. The apartment was exactly as pictured. It was spacious and clean and the views from the balcony were incredible. We enjoyed having the space to relax in during our visit to Switzerland. There was a little market just down the street where we were able to buy groceries to cook breakfast with. The market also sold beer and wine. The only thing that we couldn't figure out was how to use the oven and microwave - the manuals were there but we can't read German. The owners, Marc and Ursula, would have been happy to show us how, I'm sure, but we just never got around to asking about it. The building is old, but the apartment is newly renovated and modern. It was a nice mix of old and new as we were able to use the old-fashioned shutters to close out the light but keep the air flow going for great night sleeping. At one point, a little herd of cows was across the street and we could hear the melodious sound of the cowbells - soothing sound to sleep to. We greatly enjoyed the Lauterbrunnen valley and exploring the area. The apartment is only about 5 minutes from the train station as well as the cable car to Murren. We all wished that we could have stayed longer in this apartment. Marc and Ursula were friendly and helpful. If you go, don't miss an opportunity to eat at their restaurant at the Hotel Oberland. The fondue and the rosti are exquisite. We tried several varieties of the rosti, and also had pizza. The desserts were to die for! Just thinking about it makes me wish I were back there now. Hotel Oberland's Edelweiss Apartment is on our list to return to some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly, family run hotel is in the centre of Lauterbrunnen, only a 5 minute walk from the train station, not far from the famous "Staubbach" waterfall. Lauterbrunnen itself is situated in one of the most awe-inspiring settings in the world. Ideal for summer and winter vacations. We also have a popular restaurant serving typical Swiss dishes and other tasty things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Oberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberland Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Oberland Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau, Switzerland