“great location, staff and rooms”

Quality Suites Fremantle
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fremantle
Melbourne, Australia
“great location, staff and rooms”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

hi all,
we stayed in this accommodation for 2 nights and I would definitely recommend it because:
- the location is great,
- the staff extremely kind, welcoming and helpful (special thanks to Casey!),
- and the rooms are good value for money.
have a save trip!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank frangipaniD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I travelled to Perth for a business trip. It is a very small hotel with basically no facilities. The room was ok with no minni bar. The bed was confortable, my view was of another building. There is no room service, restuarant or bar. Mind you minutes away is a tonne of qulaity restuarants and bar. No car parking very poor, no were to stop out the front. I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael V
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We just had 2 night stay over New Year and cannot fault anything. The room was great, did exactly what it was meant to do, I agree it's not unique or where you'd want to stay on your honeymoon but it was clean, organised, had the facilities I expected, ironing board, kettle etc. Perfect for what we wanted. The location is brilliant, so close to everything in Freemantle and then the train into Perth. We had a car so did have access to the onsite parking.

What made our stay so great was the staff, nothing was too much trouble and they were so accommodating, we ended up staying here as we'd had problems at our pre-booked accommodation, they were really understanding and went out of their way to assist to make the transfer hassle-free. I would recommend this for a stay in Freemantle, it is very central so if you are looking for an early quiet night ask for a room at the back, as it is central, but the location is part of the appeal!

Thank you again and happy new year!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GAM4060
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

This hotel is well situated, probably the best of the limited choices in Fremantle. Access to shops, transport, cafes and the harbor are excellent.

The rooms are decent and functional but there is very little to justify a 'boutique' 4 star rating. An example is the nesspresso machine that the pods are $1 each for.

A few administrative issues plagued my stay, such as the entry card ceasing to work. The issue, luckily, arose in business hours. This was resolved quickly but again should not happen.

No wi-fi?? For business travelers and international guests this is a big seller. An increasing number of 4 star hotels and appartments have free wi-fi.

Parking was a bit of a joke. Only 5 spots on site in a tiny area. This gives a very 'Austin powers' experience of trying to get a car any bigger than a Getz in and out. Not worth the effort for all but the most patient traveller, if you can avoid the need for a car.

The massive excavation and construction across the road was awful. This should have been mentioned by hotel staff in advance. Not at all good if you plan to do any work from the room or if you desire a sleep-in, which is not unusual on holidays surely?

Overall it's a decent place, great location and comfortable. But 4 stars is a stretch

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Woody_dog07
Gold Coast
Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed at the Bannister Suites in Fremantle after disembarking from a cruise ship. We chose Bannister Suites after reading good reports on Tripadvisor and it is in a great location in the middle of town. We took a cab from the Port to the Hotel for $10( a bit too far to walk with suitcases). The Hotel is close to the Fremantle Markets which are great and lots of restaurants within walking distance. Check in was smooth and easy and our room looked clean and tidy when we arrived but when we got settled and I went to the bathroom I realised that the shower still had old soap, shampoo and condition in the shower. We also had new soap, shampoo and conditioner on the bench in the bathroom. I thought this a bit odd but then thought that maybe the cleaner forgot to take away the old soap and shampoo, but then I checked the bin in the bathroom and it had not been empited. I was not that alarmed as it may have been an oversight and that does happen. Then when I pulled down the bed sheets it was very obvious that our sheets were not changed. There were pubic hairs all through them and the sheets and pillow cases were all crumpled. I went down to the reception to ask for new sheets and explained the situation and the girl in the office was very embarrassed and gave me new sheets, pillow covers and a bath towel and hand towel that were missing from the room. We paid $195 per night for this room and due to the state of our room I cannot give the Bannister Suites a good rating. which is a shame because the cleaners made this a very negative experience for us and I could not recommend this Hotel to others.

Room Tip: Check your room and bed....
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GoldCoastJane
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I recently shared a room with my daughter for an overnight stay in Fremantle. Bannister suites are located in a very handy position in the centre of town. You can walk to the waterfront very comfortably, eat at many outdoor cafes and restaurants within a few minutes and great access to all the local shopping.

The building is very secure and the rooms are comfortable although without any remarkable features. The bathroom was very large which was much appreciated after 3 days travelling on the Indian Pacific!

Parking is available but if the on site parking is full there is a car parking station just around the corner with a set rate per day for the Bannister Suites.

I would recommend for anyone looking for a clean and comfortable room that wanted to get out and about to enjoy Fremantle.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family