“Thank you Casey!!”

Quality Suites Fremantle
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fremantle
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I arrived at Bannister Suites tired after my nephew's 21st - unfortunately I had booked the wrong date but Casey on reception managed to get a refund for me from Wotif - he was really accommodating - thank you! The apartment is fine - not flash but comfortable and close to where I need to be in Fremantle.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire P

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked to stay at the bannister suites for the night after celebrating a friends birthday lunch, when booking the accommodation we were automatically upgraded to a "suite" as we have stayed at the hotel before and knowing the "suite" was still a fairly small space we were happy with "upgrade" we also stated that we would be arriving fairly early therefore we would like to deposit our bags in the morning which we were advised would be no problem! On arrival to the hotel the man at reception told us that we can't check in at this stage which was not a problem and to come back later, we asked what time reception closed as would be arriving later that afternoon he advised 9pm, during the evening we called the hotel again to advise we still would be checking in and confirming that there will still be staff available which was advised yes he then asked how we would like to pay for the accommodation and then offered us a $30 discount to pay him cash tonight, we both work in the industry and this striked me as strange practice we arrived at the hotel and was greeted by this same man we had been dealing with, on check in we were then advised the room we were first offered was not available and we would be offered another room which was disappointing but ok as I started to question the man he became very agitated and aggressive towards me I noticed over the counter that he was not in a uniform and eating which again was no problem I also then noticed he was drinking red wine which I found not only unprofessional but completely wrong, during the process the man was very argumentative towards us whilst we asking him questions and we felt very uneasy as he appeared intoxicated (explains the red wine) I was completely shocked in his behavior towards us and asked him if he was the manager to which he replied yes - I then asked him for his name which he refused to give to me (that alone tells me that he knows he's in the wrong otherwise he would have no problem providing details) he was a mature man possibly from Indian accent this discussion continued for quite some time with him becoming increasingly aggressive when I then advised that we were completely unhappy and very upset at the situation and I told him I would take it further he told us to leave and he would not accept our booking at this stage we happy to leave as we knew there were better hotels close by on departing with my husband we advised that we would be putting this on trip advisor and he started screaming saying it was our words against his! He then got up and followed us out the front which was when I actually became fearful of my safety! My husband and I then went to the esplannade where we offered a beautiful room and wonderful service I would not recommend the bannister suites purely due to this mans behavior and as per other feedback he seems to take zero responsibility for his actions and denies what's happened and does not provide his details which I'm sure he will do here, my husband and I will be taking this further as we believe that what we experienced was absolutely and completely unacceptable

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank islandgirl41
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Located just off South Terrace this small Boutique hotel/suites accomodation is right in the middle of bustling Freo. Everywhere is within easy walking distance. Our appartment was well equipped and included a kitchenette, modern, good quality fittings, very clean and comfortable, and quiet even though we were right in the middle of everything. Wifi for any number of devises was included and worked well. We also had a large balcony with shades and sofas -the only downside was that the balcony was above a large number of rubbish bins which were smelly and faced brick walls but not unusual in a town centre. A bonus was 2 film channels with a good range of newish films. Manouvering in the very small onsite car park requires skill. Overall though a good experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the back if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Adele M
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have been staying at this facility for the last 2 weeks. The location is excellent being located in the heart of Fremantle. I find the staff really helpful and have gone over and above expectations. I travel all over the world continually and always stay in nice hotels. And would gladly recommend this place to any business or vacation traveler. The rooms are really nice and modern and the oversized deck is an excellent place to relax with a book. Highly recommended. Gene

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Joedirt0075
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A fantastic location just around the corner from the lively cappuccino strip. We were lucky to get the last room available. Unfortunately the parking was full so we parked the car in the public car park around the corner. We were given discount vouchers to do this...so it made parking much more affordable. Casey who worked on reception during the evening was incredibly helpful as he made his car spot available to us for the following morning as we had to leave early and the public car park would not have been open at that early time. Casey went out of his way to make sure we were looked after. Thank you so much Casey for helping us...you are a true asset.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheLadyGolfTeacher
Reviewed 29 November 2013

A wonderful location but gently slipping into decay in terms of decor and cleanliness.

Stayed here 2 years ago and the decline due to a lack of care/redecoration is noticeable.

Bannisters is now looking expensive given the newer rentals that are springing up in this

central Freo location.

Also, this is ABSOLUTELY NOT a Boutique Hotel....it's quite simply rooms for rent that are sort of cleaned each day. The "sort of " relates to the black fungal growth in the grouting of the shower tiles...the silverfish insects...the decaying smells in the room, let alone, at the back there are rows of rubbish bins clearly used by a potent nearby Indian Restaurant.

If you are going to stay there it is essential you pre-book one of the 5 in house car parking spaces...or you'll be picking up tickets on the street like confetti.

Becoming rather distressed....shame. Newer alternatives are arriving.

Room Tip: If you're staying for more than a night, go for a suite with outside balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stuartbandsuev
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed one night here in October 2013. Upon arrival I was lucky to get the only car park on the street in front of the hotel, when checking in I was advised that the hotel car park was already full and I would have to park around the block at a public car park. After filling in the paperwork and being issued with my room key I was also advised that the electric company would be cutting the power to the whole area the next morning for a two hour period between 6am and 8am, whilst this is not the fault of the hotel, it is certainly a very inconvenient time for a business traveller to not be able to get ready for morning meetings and I felt a bit more communication prior to actual check in would have been a better way of handling the situation. Once in the room I found it to be clean and comfortable, a reasonable sized lounge area with TV and a seperate bedroom and ensuite. The small kitchen was functional, although I did not bother to cook anything. I was dissapointed that the only TV was the one in the lounge area with none in the bedroom. No bedside alarm clock / radio was supplied either. The location of this hotel is it's saving grace with a matter of steps to Market Street. There is a large number of cafe's and restaurants withing very easy walking distance. My room was advertised with a private balcony, which it had, however the rear carpark and roof of the building behind was not an attractive vista to look upon. All in all it was a comfortable stay but a little on the high $ side for what was supplied.

Room Tip: Ask if some rooms have better views than the rear laneway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business