“Value for money”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Fremantle
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is in such a great location that we chose it mainly for that reason, since you are in the heart of Fremantle. I had made an online booking the day before and the staff were efficient and friendly on arrival. They didn't advise us of the cheapest parking however, so parked on the street and had to keep feeding the meter, when there was a much better option at the end of the road.
The room was spacious and well equipped, but we were unable to open the locked window and we were in desperate need of fresh air. When I asked why we couldn't open it the following the morning, they told us it was to deter smokers.... ok, but why not have a notice in the room informing people that they can get the window key from reception if needed?
My only gripe really as it was good value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great location for exploring Fremantle - walking distance to anywhere you would want to go. Nice rooms and furniture. Service was ok. On a Saturday night there was a bit of noise from the streets (bands playing) but wasn't enough to keep you awake.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gemima P
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here for one night in March when we had last minute problems with other pre booked accommodation. The girl on reception 15 th March was superb, so helpful and understanding of our problem, ( sorry mislaid the name but begins with Y !) we had a lovely stay and really appreciated the support for a tired, weary couple.
Ann Graham England.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann B
Melbourne
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here on business in March. I found the property perfect for my overnight stay and surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops down the main street of Freo.
Rooms are modern and clean. Will see you next time I'm in Freo.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NeverBloodyHome
Cowaramup
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I arrived at Bannister Suites tired after my nephew's 21st - unfortunately I had booked the wrong date but Casey on reception managed to get a refund for me from Wotif - he was really accommodating - thank you! The apartment is fine - not flash but comfortable and close to where I need to be in Fremantle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claire P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked to stay at the bannister suites for the night after celebrating a friends birthday lunch, when booking the accommodation we were automatically upgraded to a "suite" as we have stayed at the hotel before and knowing the "suite" was still a fairly small space we were happy with "upgrade" we also stated that we would be arriving fairly early therefore we would like to deposit our bags in the morning which we were advised would be no problem! On arrival to the hotel the man at reception told us that we can't check in at this stage which was not a problem and to come back later, we asked what time reception closed as would be arriving later that afternoon he advised 9pm, during the evening we called the hotel again to advise we still would be checking in and confirming that there will still be staff available which was advised yes he then asked how we would like to pay for the accommodation and then offered us a $30 discount to pay him cash tonight, we both work in the industry and this striked me as strange practice we arrived at the hotel and was greeted by this same man we had been dealing with, on check in we were then advised the room we were first offered was not available and we would be offered another room which was disappointing but ok as I started to question the man he became very agitated and aggressive towards me I noticed over the counter that he was not in a uniform and eating which again was no problem I also then noticed he was drinking red wine which I found not only unprofessional but completely wrong, during the process the man was very argumentative towards us whilst we asking him questions and we felt very uneasy as he appeared intoxicated (explains the red wine) I was completely shocked in his behavior towards us and asked him if he was the manager to which he replied yes - I then asked him for his name which he refused to give to me (that alone tells me that he knows he's in the wrong otherwise he would have no problem providing details) he was a mature man possibly from Indian accent this discussion continued for quite some time with him becoming increasingly aggressive when I then advised that we were completely unhappy and very upset at the situation and I told him I would take it further he told us to leave and he would not accept our booking at this stage we happy to leave as we knew there were better hotels close by on departing with my husband we advised that we would be putting this on trip advisor and he started screaming saying it was our words against his! He then got up and followed us out the front which was when I actually became fearful of my safety! My husband and I then went to the esplannade where we offered a beautiful room and wonderful service I would not recommend the bannister suites purely due to this mans behavior and as per other feedback he seems to take zero responsibility for his actions and denies what's happened and does not provide his details which I'm sure he will do here, my husband and I will be taking this further as we believe that what we experienced was absolutely and completely unacceptable

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank islandgirl41
Congleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Located just off South Terrace this small Boutique hotel/suites accomodation is right in the middle of bustling Freo. Everywhere is within easy walking distance. Our appartment was well equipped and included a kitchenette, modern, good quality fittings, very clean and comfortable, and quiet even though we were right in the middle of everything. Wifi for any number of devises was included and worked well. We also had a large balcony with shades and sofas -the only downside was that the balcony was above a large number of rubbish bins which were smelly and faced brick walls but not unusual in a town centre. A bonus was 2 film channels with a good range of newish films. Manouvering in the very small onsite car park requires skill. Overall though a good experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the back if possible.