“Quirky place to stay in a great location”

Fremantle Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 21 Fremantle B&B and Inns
UK
“Quirky place to stay in a great location”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

I arrived late & entered the BnB using the code provided to me via email. I stepped into a cute lobby/breakfast room. Is booked the top suite and knew there were stairs but boy was it hard work getting 25kgs up them!

Large room with bed bed which was very clean. Nice stained glass windows - bring an eye mask if you want a lie in as the sun will shine through them!

Private Bathroom next door with powerful shower.

Breakfast was self serve continental style- cereal, bread, tea, coffee, yoghurt. I'd have love seem some bananas there but hey ho!

Hotel is well located for the fishing harbour, the captain cook cruises, train station & the city centre. I walked to the prison and it wasn't far!

One thing to finish on - I didn't see or speak with anyone at the BnB the whole time I was there. I found this strange maybe that's just me...

• Stayed October 2013
Peter D, General Manager at Fremantle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
You are so right, this building and its history are unique, it was a Bavarian Consulate in 1904 , it is steeped in history and is a Grade A Heritage listed building.
Thanks so much for writing your kind review

Robbie and Chris Doyle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Hubby and I stayed here on a Friday night- comIng straight from work we didn't arrive until 6:30. During the day we received a lovely text MSG from managers to explain all details to us(nice touch). On arrival we were welcomed with a lovely and warm foyer with beautiful decor. Our room was comfortable and spacious enough. Bathrooms are immaculate. They provide a lovely breakfast. You can tell these guys know what they are doing when it comes to providing hospitality (without loosing the old world charm of the place)they really have blended it all together so well. We will defiantly be finding another excuse to get away for a night just so we can stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Subiac
What can we say , Thank you from our hearts for taking the time to write us up, so many visitors read these posts and Trip Advisor is a really important method for our Guests to express their feelings on our businesses
Kind regards

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My partner and I chose this b&b based on location and price. As we all know Perth is pricey. Fremantle b&b seemed reasonable even with the shared bathrooms.

Armed with our door code we entered the establishment only to be overwhelmed by deodrant or room spray. Blah.

Our room was the Jocelyn and it looked much cosier and lush than in the photo on the website so that was a nice surprise. WiFi worked fine and all was comfy. The bathrooms were clean and tidy but once again some of the plugin perfume dispensers made it hard to breathe in there. I may have switched them off. Seriously just let some of that fresh Fremantle doctor in.

Breakfast was fine although I'm not a fan of those pod coffee machines with their wasteful packaging.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seaswim
Good point about the Air fresheners, we have taken your kind advice on board and thanks once again for your well written review.
Kind regards

George Town, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This place is great! The place was very clean and very cozy. Homely too. When we arrived there at 8.30am Sunday, we were too early. The place was closed. We had a chance to walk around and enjoy the surrounding till about 9.30am. Being tourists, we didn't know most people including hotels and B&B don't have attendance. Luckily for us, there's a friendly occupant who opened the door for us. Once inside, the friendly lady gave us the cell phone number for the housekeeper. For checkin at 2pm, we were told to leave our things at the mainhall if we want to go out for a stroll and come back again later. We did just that knowing that the place is secured - It was in deed very secure. We got back at 2pm and the room was already made. Very clean in deed. There were 2 bathrooms on the floor where we stayed, and they were very well made too. At the main eatery area, coffee machines, yoghurts, milks, cookies, wine, etc are available for the occupants - very generous in deed. All in all, we had a great night staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Fremantle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so very much for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor, of all the forums for getting reviewed on , we consider Trip advisor the finest in the world , our Guests consider this site to be the ultimate , most respected forum for Travellers .
We are delighted with your kind words.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I recently attended a 2 day conference at Notre Dame university in Fremantle and chose the nearby Fremantle Bed and Breakfast.It was a good choice ! The location was really convenient to the attractions of this Port City, it was two min walk to the train station (where you must take the Free Cat Bus to explore Fremantle , it runs every 10 mins or so )
The Bed and Breakfast was charming , rich in history and character . I booked the Down Under Suite , a massive open plan apartment in the basement. Well equipped with washing machine/dryer/kitchenette and it had a private entrance.
The street was quiet and I slept well . There are heaps of cafes , restaurants and bars , too many and so little time ..... a great city to visit.I will return !

Room Tip: If you like having a large room with plenty of space book the Down Under suite
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank William O
Peter D, Manager at Fremantle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear William
Thank you for reviewing Fremantle Bed and breakfast , you are correct when you say that we are well located to explore our beautiful port City and it was a pleasure to have met you on your visit.
London
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I choose this B&B as an alternative to staying in the main business hotel down the road (Esplanade) which I wasn't happy with. The B&B is well run, clean, in a charming building in the old part of town. The bed is comfortable and the shower is powerful - you don't need much more than that! However, the room is too small for a desk, and that could be a limitation on a longer trip - nowhere to open the laptop and waste your evenings answering emails. On second thoughts - maybe that's not a disadvantage - I took my laptop to Little Creatures instead, and answered emails there over a Pale Ale! Also take note that you're sharing a bathroom. This wasn't a problem for me, but it's not for everyone.
I should mention the service - things worked very smoothly with a text message to my phone the day before arrival, with the door code for late-night entry. And breakfast - I'd much prefer toast and coffee to an overpriced buffet!
Having compared the two, I would rather stay here than the Esplanade.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Fingal Bay, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This is definitely a nice little spot! My wife and I stayed here and were really surprised how well-kept the place was. The bedrooms were nice and cozy. The share bathrooms were immaculate. And, the downstairs lounge/eating area was superb! Nice place to sit down for a drink and there was quite a bit available for brekkie in the morning (although the amenities were available 24/7). The owners offered free port every night! :D Also, free wifi! The location is very central within Fremantle! Thanks for an excellent stay!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple