“Central to everything”

Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Fremantle
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Since joining Rydges group we have stayed here more often to enjoy member benefits. Centrally located to everything we wish to do south of the river. Excellent buffet breakfasts and dinners. Great bar. Member discounts apply to rooms, meals and drinks. Love it.
A little pricy, but isn't everything in Perth/Fremantle? No complaints on amenities provided, especially WiFi and Valet parking.

Room Tip: We've stayed in many rooms. I like best the ones with balcony to outside world - but not on gro...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennyWren6398
Esplande_Fremantle_, General Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2014

It’s great to read that you've joined Rydges Priority Guest Rewards and are taking advantage of the great benefits. Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel in particular I’m glad you’re enjoying the Atrium Garden Restaurant buffet and the Marine Lounge Bar. As you've mentioned we try to keep our costs in line with the market to remain competitive and offer free WI-FI to everyone and the extra discounts for our Priority Guest Rewards members to provide extra value to our guests.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great location,central to Fremantle activities and Ferries,cruises ships.
Excellent valet parking service and good staff to go with it.
Breakfast buffet pretty good.
Room possibly a bit tired,lighting a bit dark.
Foxtel on TV a big plus..particularly for watching interstate football.
Used room service items,dishes,glasses etc slow to be picked.Several items were left in the corridors for at least 48hours.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin D
Esplande_Fremantle_, General Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2014

I’m disappointed to read that your room service items were not collected in a timely manner, I’m unsure as to why this would be as we have procedures in place that should prevent this. I will discuss this with the manager in charge to make sure this is rectified. Apart from that I’m very happy to read that you enjoyed the location and watching the footy during your stay. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our accommodation rooms and lighting is one of the aspects that I am reviewing. Hopefully we can welcome you again soon and you can see the improvements for yourself.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked through a wedding package because friends of our's had their reception here. All in all the reception was fantastic with the hostess always around to assist the happy couple. The food was amazing.
We received a very good rate due to booking with the wedding group. Although we asked for a room with a view - we received a room with a view - of the carpark - but that was a minor issue. The hotel was fully booked so this was understandable. There was no Foxtel in the room which was annoying as I had hoped to catch some football before the reception. (First world problem I know...ha ha). I was overcharged when I paid the next morning but that was quickly rectified the following day with the friendly staff assisting very quickly.
All in all - excellent venue - excellent hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at the lower end of the scale IE 01 to 08. Balcony view of the park and the harbour.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

It’s great that you took advantage of our special rate for wedding guests; it’s so much easier when you just have to make your way upstairs after the party is done. Thank you for taking the time to review us and for acknowledging our very dedicated wedding coordinator, Belle Johnstone; I will be sure to pass on your praise. I’m unsure as to why your Foxtel was not working at the time as this is part of our in room facilities. Overall it sounds like you had a great stay and that the wedding was well enjoyed. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Amazing hotel, great rooms, friendly staff and a great bar with great food.. Lots of options to do within walking distanced the hotel for singles, couples, families or for a great night out! Short train trip into the city centre

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zara Z
Esplande_Fremantle_, General Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! It sounds like you had a great time during your stay and I’m so glad that you enjoyed the staff and Marine Lounge Bar’s delicious tapas menu.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had emailed to say it was our daughter's 18th birthday and that's why we were staying there for the night...little did I think we would get such amazingly special treatment! We were personally welcomed when we arrived, and in the room were waiting flowers and platters of sweet treats to mark the Birthday occasion. The staff were so lovely, each one wishing "Happy Birthday" when they met our daughter. Nothing was too much trouble.Hotel is also central to everything you want to do in Fremantle, so just Valet Park for the night and enjoy walking around. Highly recommended Hotel, and we will certainly visit again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Msjules1

I’m glad to read that we were able to make your daughter’s 18th birthday even more special with these little gestures from the staff. We love celebrating birthdays, anniversaries and other milestones with our guests. Great idea to take advantage of the secure valet parking and walk around beautiful Fremantle. I hope to see you again in Fremantle soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband an I recently stayed here as he had to have knee surgery . The hotel staff were more than happy to cater to our extra needs for room positioning and bed configurations . The hotel was clean and very well presented . In an amazing location right near absoluty everything in Fremantle u could need . The food at the restaurants and room service was brilliant . The pool and spa area was so kid friendly and beautiful for relaxing . The rooms were reasonably priced , with lots of extras . Valle parking was exceptional . Our experience was made a whole heap easier just from the little kinds gestures the staff at the hotel made , especially in relation to my husbands surgery , seating us near buffet in restaurant etc assisting with baggage ect but above all the best part about our stay by far , was the exceptionally well mannered , kind and professional team of staff . Credit to the manager he must run a tight ship as the staff were ALL amazing . As a manager of a large business myself , I can appreciate how much work goes into making clients happy and maintaining a well established company . Well done esplanade . Our new favourite for sure . We look forward to coming back again for new year . K+S Haskett

• Stayed: August 2014

I’m so happy to read that all of my staff were considerate to your unique needs in regards to your husband’s surgery and that you were made to feel extra comfortable during your stay. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I’m glad that despite your reason for staying, you were still able to enjoy our restaurants and resort pool areas – you’re right it’s great to families. I hope that you’ll be able to stay with us again for a simple holiday next time.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The room was neat and clean, but the decor is old and dated. The lighting is minimal. A bedside lamp would be good. Bathroom was fine. Towels and linen very fresh. It was expensive for what we had $259 for the night. Good position close to restaurants and the harbour.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review. We are currently in the process of refurbishing our accommodation rooms in an upgrade program that started when Rydges took over management last year. I agree that a bedside lamp is handy, although there are bedside wall lights in all rooms, so I’m unsure why a lamp would also be necessary. However, the lighting is being reviewed during refurbishment so I will take this on board. I hope that we get to welcome you to Fremantle again soon so that you can experience the room improvements for yourself.

David Bornmann

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremantle
Be. Fremantle
Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle
Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle
#1 of 1 in East Fremantle
The Richardson Hotel & Spa

Been to Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges? Share your experiences!