“Fantastic!!”

Pier 21 Apartment Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Fremantle
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Wow!!! What a great hotel. Can't fault anything at all. I had a room overlooking the Swan River and it was lovely sitting on the large private balcony just relaxing and enjoying the magnificent view. The one bedroom apartment was contemporary in decor & spotlessly clean. Nice hot shower. Free parking. And special mention of the receptionist Erin, who was warm, friendly & welcoming. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tess1375
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear tess1375,

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful comments with the TripAdvisor community, it is certainly very rewarding to receive such fantastic feedback. Thank you also for your special mention of Erin, she is a wonderful member of the team and as you kindly point out a genuinely warm and welcoming person, I don’t think I have seen her stop smiling yet.

Thank you again and I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Staff were wonderful and very friendly loved it. We had an enjoyable time in freo great location accessable to everything great walk into the local areas very relaxing would not hesitate to recommend this lovely location .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sue6942

Dear sue6942,

Greetings from the team at Pier 21 and thank you for your lovely review. The team were delighted to learn that they played a small part in providing a 'wonderful stay'.

With the beautiful weather of the last week and Summer fast approaching there really isn’t a better time to visit the hotel and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The good: I doubt whether you would find a place closer to a marina and the river than Pier 21. Plenty of parking, friendly receptionist, great breakfast with a friendly chef there to make you eggs how you like them, outdoor and indoor pools, gymn, clean and quiet room.

The bad: What is with the bathroom design? We had a room on the ground floor which was lovely, but the bathroom left alot to be desired...first off the sliding door was off it's rollers so closing it was a real skill which we hadn't gained after two days of trying. The bathroom floor was the shower floor - there is no seperate shower base, all the water goes on to the whole bathroom floor. You would think that it doesn't matter coz all your stuff would be on the vanity so it woulkdn't get wet however....there is no vanity and no where to put anything. There is no other mirror than the one in the bathroom so the wife really struggled putting her makeup stuff on the sink.
The only other small negative was that although the location is great being only metres from the river, it's downside is that there are no shops within walking distance to buy food etc. Everything was on the other side of the bridge so you need to drive if you want to eat out, or even buy a bottle of water.

Room Tip: make sure you get a river view (although I think most of the rooms would have one)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve K
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Steve K,

Thank you for sharing your experience of Pier 21 with the TripAdvisor community, as you kindly point out your room was situated literally a metre or so from the water’s edge which no doubt makes for a superb view. It's also great to read that you enjoyed many other aspects of the hotel and found the staff to be accommodating and friendly.

I did however note your concerns regarding the bathroom and have had the issue with the door addressed and apologise for the inconvenience this caused during your stay. As noted in your review the bathroom is one of two designed for easy access and unfortunately they do lack an abundance of storage, your feedback has highlighted to me that we need to look at a remedy and I thank you for sharing it with me.

It was certainly our pleasure to accommodate you and I trust that when you next return to Fremantle you will again consider Pier 21 for your accommodation requirements, until then I wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Reception staff were very friendly, breakfast chef and waitress also very welcoming and happy to cook whatever you'd like for breakfast. Best thing was the warm (and I mean bath warm) indoor pool and even warmer spa. View of the marina and river lovely. Tip: Don't book ahead if you need a taxi for a short trip (the taxis wait for airport fares so just get the hotel to ring at the time you want the taxi and your destination won't show up. I booked ahead and my taxi was half an hour late when I wanted a short trip, but right on time to go to the airport. Frozen meals in freezer were handy and delicious.

Room Tip: Only downside was dragging my heavy suitcase up to first floor, although staff helped on arrival and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear LydiaM15,

Greeting from the team at Pier 21 and a sincere thank you for sparing us some of your valuable time to write about your recent stay. It was certainly a pleasure to share your review with the team who were delighted to receive such positive feedback. As you kindly point out guests are welcome to order breakfast anyway they like, whether it’s a personal favourite or something they haven’t tried before, it’s just another way we try to make guests feel at home.

I also thought your tip regarding taxis was a fair one and would encourage guests to utilise our friendly reception team to make bookings and other travel arrangements on your behalf.

Thank you again and I trust the next time you are in Fremantle we will also have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pier 21.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked the Pier 21 for a weekend catch up with a close friend and her daughter who we hadn't seen for a few years. From the point of contact to the handing in of keys, I could not fault the service, position, and amenities. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The breakfast is cooked to your request and is not only delicious, but a hearty sized meal. Along with the cooked breakfast, the cold buffet had fresh, quality choices. DEEELICIOUS!!! What a beautiful spot!! Looking off our balcony we overlooked the river and the abundance of classy marine vessels moored out the front with the beautiful swans swooning in and out of the boats. I even spotted dolphins one morning as i was admiring the gorgeous sunrise. The water at the edge was crystal clear and my friend and I were only held back by the coolness of the weather at that time of year. Our room was clean, comfortable and practical for what we wanted. We were two mums with two 12yr old girls and had a two bedroom apartment. Great layout as the bedrooms were separated by two way bathroom and a walk through closet. Having our own vehicle made access not a concern for us. All in all i can't fault the PIER 21.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Paradise255365,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, I don’t think I could have described the experience we hope to provide better myself. As a smaller boutique hotel the 'personal touch' is something we strive to provide and I was especially delighted to see this as the title of your review.

As you were kind enough to point out there is an abundance of wild life in the vicinity of the hotel and I was happy to read that you had the chance to see both the resident swans and friendly dolphins, you might be interested to know that a guest also reported seeing a fur seal sun baking on the pier just yesterday.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to Pier 21 again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and loved that it's in a quiet location with great views of the Swan River. Our room was compact but modern and clean and had everything we needed. A highlight was having breakfast in the Lounge each day which was run very professionally and certainly to a high standard. Fortunately we had a car so we had most meals in Fremantle. Hoping to come back next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear redshoes_007

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Pier 21 Apartment Hotel. It was a pleasure to share your comments with the team and the food and beverage staff in particular. Hopefully you will have the opportunity to visit Fremantle again next year and I would extend an invitation for you to contact me directly so I can make those arrangements for you. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Was treated poorly and given missinformation by reception and then charged for a room we never stayed in because we left. Almost ruined my husbands birthday weekend. Be aware that if you don't own a credit card they expect a $500 deposit. Would have been nice to know.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Louise M
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Louise M,

It is un fortunate that you followed through on your threat to write a bad review unless your demands were met. The team and I greatly value constructive feedback but in this case I don’t believe your comments to be either fair or accurate. On arrival when advised of the need of a security bond you immediately launched into a tirade of insults and foul language and refused to allow the receptionist to respond, you then simply left with no further explanation.

As you point out in your review the hotel does have a limited bond policy for bookings where no credit card details are provided, this is particularly the case over weekends where parties can be a concern, the policy has been very successful in ensuring all of our guests enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stay. Having said that we do try to be as flexible as possible and the receptionists are empowered to assist where possible, unfortunately you never offered her the opportunity. It is also disappointing to see that you rated the hotel poorly in categories such ‘rooms’ and ‘cleanliness’ when by your own admission you didn’t stay.

Regards,

Tim Newson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremantle
Be. Fremantle
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
#13 of 66 in Perth

Been to Pier 21 Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!