“amazing food I need to go here more and so do you!!”

Sala Thai Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 351 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Ate here with my partner on a saturday night it was much quieter than it used to be. We had spring rolls and satay chicken for entrees and they were mind blowing!! this was my partners first visit but I have been several times before we were blown away yummy yum yum. For mains we had a massaman curry and thai green curry. The massaman was by far the biggest hit the green curry was nice but the massaman was amazing!! Thanks sala thai.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The decor is great as is the location. The entree was fantastic and the promise of a mouthwatering mains was high due to the entree and the gold plate awards adorning the walls. Alas the mains tasted very ordinary and the red curry coconut base tasted like it came out of a packet. The rice tasted like it came out of a rice cooker and the service was ok but a smile from either the waitress or the owner would have made it all a bit more bearable. Such a shame, it had such potential.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Popped in here briefly on a Sunday night as our first choice was too busy and this place looked decent enough and quiet. Although it was not too busy the service was still slow – or rather the food was. Taking orders was no problem but we waited 45 minutes for 2 very simple mains, while a parade of people collecting takeaways came and went, which was distracting and a bit annoying while we sat. Food was good though – nothing amazing but a good standard that you would expect from a Thai place. Costs were higher than the food could justify though, but of course that is Fremantle I guess.
Nice enough place but don’t expect too much.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have held off going to Sala Thai for a long time and for no real reason. May be I always looked for better options, or may be I was always put off by the lack of appealing restaurant frontage. Either way, I took the plunge. Surely what you fail to do on the outside, you can make up with on the inside.

Now that is kind of true. I was really pleasantly surprised. The decor is very much homely and better than most Thai restaurants that normally prostrate their tributes to the King and other near defunct or long-since-dead symbols. I loved the feel. I loved the service (good english!). It was refreshingly comfortable. But that is where it stopped...and I mean the big "but".

The food was average.

The Tom Ka Gai was okay, if not a bit too milky. I have had many better. The Beef Basil that my wife had was insipid and tasteless and that is coming from a woman that hates spice. And she asked for chillies! The duck curry cost $30 and I had to really hunt for meat in the red soup. It was not what I'd expect from any Thai restaurant...in Perth or Thailand.

Not impressed. But I am prepared to go back again if I see better reviews.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible. Don't eat here.
The food is tasteless and the price is outrageous.
Don't waste your money.