“Excellent location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent location”
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay here. Easy check in , nice clean room , easy parking and friendly staff. We ended up getting 12 hours delayed out of Perth and Christina was nice enough to let her use their freezer until we were going to the airport - that was a huge help! It is more like a hotel without the front desk but if you don't need someone to hold your hand all the time this is a great place. Breakfast is continental and self service which was fine for us. Nothing beats the location!

• Stayed May 2014
Barry W, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you when next in Fremantle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I chose this hotel for its location and free wifi. The location IS excellent - across the road from the hospital, and only a few minutes walk from Fishing Boart Harbour, the town centre and main Fremantle attractions. However, I found the wifi slow and unreliable so if you really need to keep in touch, I recommend you stay elsewhere or make your own arrangements. The hotel does maintain two PCs for guests but they are very slow.

Additionally, if you think you might need any help ranging from directions to an extra pillow, stay somewhere else - as they advertise, there is no one to assist once you have checked in. This is not luxury corporate accommodation, it is more like an outback family owned B&B in the city. The supplies are bulk purchased and decanted into containers for guest use - when I saw coffee grains in my room's sugar bowl I bought my own supplies and facing "butter" in the large jam jar on the first day I also ate breakfast elsewhere.

On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot with good water pressure, but overall I am glad I did not pay full price.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
jamesjac512, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your review. I am responding as I feel the comments do not match my advertised product. You booked my budget room but refer to Luxury corporate accommodation, I have Luxury Suites however you booked budget, there is a price difference.
Wifi is free, not charged for like most hotels, we provide two computers with printers in the guest area, they are normal speed desk top computers, most of my queen ensuite rooms have a free note book computer.
Regarding help, check-in and breakfast staff are happy to assist guests, we do not have 24 hour reception [as stated in all advertising]. every room has four pillows on the bed and two pillows in the closet or chest of drawers, did you need more than six pillows?
We advertise and supply buffet continental breakfast consisting of 5 types of serial, 4 types of bread, crumpets and muffins, yogurt, dried fruit, stewed fruit, jam marmalade vegemite peanut butter nutella, 6 types of tea, brewed and instant coffee. Sure we buy in containers then decant to serving containers. As it is buffet we have no control of a guest using a spoon with butter on it in the jam container however all containers are cleaned and refilled daily.
Thank you for the positive comments about the bed and shower.
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights in April and recommend Terrace Central as a great base to explore Fremantle. We had a comfortable room with a good bed, clean bathroom (not big) and free wi fi. The location is excellent, close to the shopping district and lots of cafes, restaurants and great bars. It's about a 10 minute walk to the waterfront and is very close to the markets and the prison. The free CAT bus stops right outside the hotel. The breakfast is basic but very good with toast, cereals and fruit. It was quiet at night considering the location and there was free parking on site. We would stay here again if we return to Fremantle.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
jamesjac512, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Than you for reviewing Terrace Central, we look forward to your next visit
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Booked a room for early October 2013 (I know. Kind of a late review) Entered the main reception to be greeted by (I assume) the owner. Promptly booked us into our room after which another employee (Night manageress from memory) offered to help carry our bags to our room. The room was clean, and welcoming. And the breakfast, while basic i.e. breakfast cereals, tea, coffee etc, was always clean, and full. On checking out again pleasantly fair-welled by the same gentleman who booked us in. Thanks again for a great stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
jamesjac512, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for reviewing Terrace Central we always appreciate feed back
England
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is quite an old building, obviously adapted for modern standards, like ensuite bathrooms taking floor space and making the rooms seem small. But the room and bathroom were very clean and in good condition. I had a room at the back of the building which had a window onto the corridor but not directly outside. The A/C was very necessary. Continentlal breakfast is included and is self-service in the adjoining building. Car parking is available, partially undercover. The hotel is on a main street and it is only 5mins walk to the markets and a good selection of restaurants. Walk to the Esplanade Park and waterfront is probably 10-15 mins. The hotel is also on the route of the Blue CAT bus which is FREE! Getting around was easy and my car stayed parked during my stay. My only comment would be that they want an exact arrival time when you book. When you are a stranger to the area and you don't know how long it will take to drive from another town to Fremantle, I arrived an hour early and found reception closed. She didn't seem very pleased and said reception was usually only open when guests were expected. Apart from that she ws quite pleasant. My room had fridge and microwave. Wifi is also free.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have verandahs, but face the main street and the hospital. Rooms at back are sma...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Barry W, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for the great review of my property it is so good for perspective guests to get first hand information. However I must point out that the room you selected and booked is advertised as having a window into the enclosed corridor and having a small en-suite bathroom, this is reflected in the lower price.
I did contact this guest offering an upgrade before her arrival. Regarding reception and arrival, my staff were only concerned that a guest may be left waiting outside, as we only staff reception for pre-arranged arrival time. We choose this method to keep the price down, to have 24 hour reception would add $20 per night to all rooms.
Greater Perth, Australia
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night with my partner. I was very late organising a booking but managed to get a room on very short notice we paid $198 for the night which I thought was very reasonable other hotels in the area flat screen Tv, great air conditioner !!clean modern ensuite plenty of hot water also included free wifi and continental breakfast the location is awesome very close to all restaurants etc and only 2 doors down from a bottle shop I really liked the space and the relaxed self service would definitely come again !! Thankyou

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Barry W, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review, we are happy that your stay was pleasant and value your remarks.
Perth
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This place has a lot of charm, so as the staff.
I stayed for a couple of nights over Christmas. If I ever come back to beautiful Fremantle I'll be staying here again.
Great value for a fair price.....

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hendrik D
Thank you very much, it was a pleasure having you stay with us.