“Busy but you see why!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Being a European who loves Adriatic/Mediterranean food, the selection of grilled fish, octopus salad, scallops and grilled squid absolutely brought me home again. I must say this is the first time I've experienced food similarly (and simply) prepared so true to the main ingredients. I've always loved our way of grilling seafood because it brings out the natural characteristics and so, Kailis has really captured this honesty of fresh ingredients. My kids wolfed down the squid and scallops and fish and of course I was absolutely infatuated with these as well as the lovely and tender octopus. A very big crowd was tough to navigate through but with such a beautiful and true menu it wasn't even close to being an issue. Thanks Kailis! I've already recommended to all I know.

2  Thank Zak M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed 16 April 2014

As a Fremantle local I have been going to Kails since it opened, many years ago.
We have never had any need to complain as the Fish and Chips have always been great.
The grilled "catch of the day" has always been spot on and our favourite choise.
Would recommend Kalis to anyone that likes fresh seafood.
I prefer Kailis to the other place in the same area.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Kailis serves great fresh seafood and is a must visit restaurant in Fremantle.

The offer is different and more restaurant focused experience than nearby Cicerellos which also is recommended, or our favourite (the cheapest & best fish & chips in town) at Sweetlips (sit outside for the view, but watch out for seagulls and dirty seats)

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We ate here for lunch and ordered a snapper and chips and a seafood delight. The fish was dry and the chips were just warm near cold, the only thing that was nice was the scallops and prawn cutlet. Not worth the $50.00 that we paid for it, our local fish and chip shop does better food than this at least it is hot. The service was friendly and a pleasant area to sit, just the food let it down.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We ate here on our holiday in WA. If you like sea food this is the place to come. There is every type of fish you can think of. All locally caught and so fresh. Food was great. Atmosphere fantastic. Will come again next time we are in Australia.