“Gorgeous house in a fantastic location”
Review of Room With A View

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Akaroa
Room With A View
Ranked #13 of 24 Akaroa B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous house in a fantastic location”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed 2 nights - wish it could have been longer. Lovely to sit on the balcony taking in the view with a nice cup of tea. Shared shower room but we were the only guests for the 2nd night - and it had my favourite Van Gogh print in it, so knew this B&B was the place to be ! Delightful chatting to Rosemary over breakfast. Very comfortable bed and large room ( Queen room ? ). Had to leave early for the airport on the last morning & Rosemary was kind enough to allow us to have an early breakfast. Restaurants were a short and very pleasant walk away. Bully Hayes still open after 8pm for dinner which was a relief as we arrived late. Also eat in the Little Bistro ( a bit further away but easily walkable along the front in the delightful town of Akaroa ) - lovely food but small and they do like to cram people in there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Staying at Rosemary's house is such a treat! She invited us onto her cottage balcony for "lemon drink" made with her lemons from her quaint garden. She had not worked out wireless to the cottage at this stage but we were happy regardless.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Rosemary is the perfect B & B host - attentive but not intrusive. Knowledgeable and willing to be helpful but also comfortable about leaving you alone. Wonderful bed and excellent breakfast. Great location. Only small downside is the shared bathroom.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jillymacca
London, UK
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I spent two nights here in October 2013 and along with my stay in Christchurch they rounded out my short trip to New Zealand perfectly. As other reviews suggest, Rosemary is a marvellous host - she picked me up from the Christchurch shuttle bus without even being asked and was happy to drop me down at the pickup point for my return trip. Her home is beautiful and in a fantastic setting, perched up on a hill with a fantastic view of Akaroa harbour from her verandah. From the moment of my arrival, I was made to feel like one of the family and we spent time happily swapping travel stories! Breakfast consisted mostly of home-made fare which made a pleasant change from the mass catering of other hotels I stayed in during my trip down under. She also recommended several things to see and do during my stay in Akaroa, including the penguin 4WD sightseeing tour which is well worth the money.

All in all, it was a shame I only spent 2 nights here - given the warmth of the welcome, the house in its marvellous setting and Akaroa itself, I could have happily spent a week here. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Tweed Heads, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We spent 2 nights with Rosemary in her beautiful home. The 2 bedrooms are large with comfortable beds and a shared bathroom. The home is a short 5 minute stroll to restaurants, shops and the beautiful harbour. It was lovely sitting out on the verandah, overlooking the pircturesque views with glass on NZ wine in hand. Rosemary is very interesting to talk to, she is very knowledgeable about local history and places to visit. Breakfast is simple, but with home made bread.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Oatley NSW
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Rosemary is a treasure. She made us so welcome. I wish we could have stayed more than one night.
Her breakfast was perfect, all the amenities were clean and shiny and new. The house is old and charming with a sunny verandah overlooking the bay.
The absolute best part of this B & B though was the bed. I felt like I had slept on a cloud. The pillow was soft and lovely. Definitely the best bed in New Zealand for us.
The drive in and out of Akaroa is hilly, windy and seemingly never-ending. But the village and this accommodation makes the drive totally worth it. Stay 2 nights!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
rosemary914, Owner at Room With A View, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
That was so very good of you
Thank you.
Best wishes
Rosemary
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 12 February 2013

What a joy to spend two nights here during our last week in New Zealand. The room, the view, the gardenand the wonderful country kitchen filled with history and Rosemary's charm were a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple