“The Best in Town”

Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Little Bistro focuses on providing sustainable, local and seasonal bistro cuisine, which highlights our connection to Akaroa and Banks Peninsula. Focusing on locally grown, organic produce.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I spent a lovely 3 days in Akaroa had spent my first evening in town dining at The Little Bistro. It was the best meal I had all weekend and the service was unbeatable. As a solo diner, they made me feel so welcomed and at home! The house sauvignon blanc was perfect as well :)

1  Thank LibbyQueenstown W

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We visited this bistro during a month long visit to the South Island of NZ in April. It was definitely the best meal we had, and the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. We hadn't booked, but they still managed to squeeze us in (even though this involved changing tables in between courses, which we were happy to do). Be bold - try something you have never eaten before, as we did! Everything was delicious.

1  Thank PamelaDEdinburgh
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Delicious food in a cute old house. From the foot path you can see the chef's in their tiny kitchen out the back. The food was excellent. The place was packed and it's pretty cramped and noisy when full so not really ideal for an intimate dinner unless on a quiet night. Not good for large groups.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Amazing dining experience. Food was excellent and the service matched. The waited even made me a cup of lemon tea as she noticed I was having some trouble coughing. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I had a fantastic meal here. Service was great and food was amazing. So refreshing to go to a restaurant that serves quality meals and in the right portion sizes too. My husband had the seafood chowder as entree, which was delicious. I had the field mushrooms with welsh rarebit - which were to die for...yum! For mains I had the parsnip risotto - just the small size, which was ideal for me and my husband had the Akaroa Salmon which he said was delicious. With not wanting to go without dessert, which was the drawcard for me, I managed to find some room for the dark chocolate salted caramel tart, which was out of this world. Highly recommend. One thing I would say, is that this is a restaurant for couples mainly or group's no bigger than four, as it's very initimate and not much room to manouvre through the tables, so not really recommended to take small children.

1  Thank Heather W