“Not too friendly”

Akaroa Bakery
Description: sells Paninis, pies, sandwiches, coffee
Description: sells Paninis, pies, sandwiches, coffee
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Store lady a bit abrupt as I had trouble opening the door. Food was average. I wouldn't go there again.

1  Thank Aro T

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Good food and at a reasonable price. You can eat in or take away for hiking or sight-seeing. a good alternative to the high-priced restaurants.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We Love the bakery's pies, everytime we visit we buy a dozen cold to take home for the freezer. This time the staff did not seem interested in serving us. They did not seem overly busy at the time. We ended up walking out unhappy and unserved! Wont bother patronising again.

1  Thank Debspaterson
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is my favourite place to stop for a freshly baked baguette, and last weekend they were as sensational as ever! But get in early, these freshly baked beauties go really quickly, so try and get them in the morning.
We decided to try a meal, so myself and my husband both ordered the Blue Cod, fries and salad. The cook made the batter fresh from scratch, and when it was served, it was light and crispy. Value for money was excellent as the serving portion of cod was more than expected, and it was the best blue cod I had tried in ages! It was absolutely delicious. We finished with an icecream as we walked along the waterfront, and later in the afternoon went for drives to many other bays in Banks Peninsula. If you are looking for an interesting location to take your croissants and baguette for a picnic, try Little Akaloa...they have these rugged old picnic tables perched on the side of the drop down to the ocean bay below, simply stunning view!

4  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My wife and I had croissants and coffee at the bakery and I have only one word - superb! I don't remember the croissants in Paris being this good!

2  Thank lojik69