Beaufort House Akaroa
Ferry Motel(Christchurch)
Cashel Court Motel(Christchurch)
City Worcester Motel(Christchurch)
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestseach eveningpre dinner drinksb bperfect hostsnew zealandsmall vineyardenjoying wineguest loungefeather pillowschristchurch earthquakeset in beautiful gardensshort strolla real treatcooked breakfastthought of everythingfriendly hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2010

From the moment we entered Wilderness House and were offered an early evening glass of wine with the other guests the atmosphere was great. We loved our room - very comfortable and delightfully furnished (The Nalder Room). the breakfasts were delicious and served in a very attractive dining room. The hosts were very friendly and helpful with local walks and places to eat. We had a wonderful weekend and will visit again if we are lucky enough to return to Akaroa.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2010

from the moment we arrived the hosts made right at home and explained everything we should know . The lovely old homestead was beautifully presented and our room spacious, clean, well equipped and had spacious ensuite. Enjoyed drinking the local wine with our hosts and were made to feel very welcome in every way. they told us of the best eating places and sightseeing options. The gardens are wonderful and complimented by the vineyard. Fully recommend to anyone looking for a pampered time out.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2010

We returned to this favourite B & B and the standard of accommodation and attention from our gracious hosts were as impeccable as ever. The location is so quiet, we awoke to the birds in the beautiful trees on the property. The 130-year-old house has the feel of an English country home. There are four individually decorated rooms upstairs, three with ensuites and all with attractive outlooks to the lovely garden or harbour. The lounge downstairs is the domain of guests and has a great selection of books, music, magazines and teas, and the after-dinner port is a nice touch. We enjoyed evening drinks in the garden with our hosts, with wine from grapes grown on the property, after which we wandered down to the village to a very good restaurant, Vangionis. Breakfast was excellent and comprehensive, with ingredients and garnishes fresh from the garden and the presentation was restaurant quality.
The attention to detail here is wonderful and we will return. Thank you for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Our second visit and there will be a third. Our room had fantastic views, beautiful bedding and our hosts were friendly and welcoming.. The pre dinner drinks and nibbles a special time.
The breakfeasts top class.
Lynne and John
Lowry Bay NZ

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2010

In February 2010, I travelled for a month with two friends across the whole of New Zealand. My penultimate night was spent in Wilderness House, Akaroa. I knew from looking at the website that I would love this place, however, I had no idea how much I would love it. It is set in an elevated position just up a gentle slope from the main street of Akaroa (another wonderful place!). The driveway to the house gently lets the beauty of the house and the gardens open up to you magically and slowly. The house itself is stunning, both in terms of architecture and interior design. The gardens and vineyards are uplifting (and not just because of the wine!). The hosts are charming and helpful and welcomed us with a glass of wine at 6.30 having booked us into a lovely restaurant for dinner. It was almost disgraceful to leave the terrace to stroll into town for dinner! The breakfast next morning was beautifully cooked and presented. My room was a delight with a balcony on which I sat to text all my friends to say I had arrived in heaven - and I loved it! I will be back Wilderness House, I will be back Akaroa!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends