“Lovely service”

Fire & Ice - Gemstone Jewellery Specialists
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Akaroa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We specialise in handcrafted gold & silver gemstone jewellery featuring natural gemstones and pearls. We also carry a large selection of New Zealand Blue Paua Pearls displaying brilliant colours and unique designs. For the gemstone collector we have gemstones, crystals and minerals from around the world. Our onsite Aromatherapist manages our range of pure essential oils, creating exclusive essential oil blends and massage oils. If you're unable to visit us, you can shop online - we offer free freight worldwide for orders over $50 - or we welcome your visit to our shop when in beautiful Akaroa.
Perth, Australia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Lovely service”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Popped into this shop on a recent cruise to New Zealand. Bought a lovely pearl pendant and was delighted with the service. We went back before boarding the ship to try on some earrings I took a fancy to on my initail visit. I decided they did not suit me, tried on several others but did not make a further purchase but the young sales attendant just said " at least you would not go home wondering if you should have purchased them" The jewellery in this shop is unique and the array of different stones is amazing. Well worth a visit.

Visited March 2014

Napier, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love the jewelry, unique and reliable.”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This company produce beautiful jewelry that are unique and are made to a high quality. I have made several purchases over the last few years and it is the place I look first.
Thanks for the great service guys!

Visited April 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely love this shop!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Wandered into this shop while on a stop in Akaroa. I was immediately mesmerized by how beautiful every piece of jewelry in there was. I love finding unique, one of a kind pieces and it seemed this store was tailor made for me! They are more like works of art than just jewelry! There's one necklace that I'm still kicking myself over for not getting. I did end up getting some eucalyptus oil while I was there that everyone back home has been in amazement over. So much so that I ordered several bottles to give as Christmas presents this past year (love that they ship internationally for free too!). It's much cleaner and purer smelling than the oil I've found here in the States. Bottom line - if you're in Akaroa, you must visit this shop! If you can't get there, at least do yourself a favor and check out their website to see how beautiful their work is.

Visited November 2013
New Zealand
“Akaroa Draw Card”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Originally from Christchurch now in Auckland I can't wait to pop over to Akaroa on my frequent trips South. The shop is high temptation with the fabulous jewellery and oils. The staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable, I now purchase my oils online the service is excellent and very prompt. Highly recommend this wonderful team.

Visited May 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fabulous Service”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I have visited the Fire and Ice Gemstone store many times over the years and I just LOVE the products and the fabulous service of the staff. Whether it's something small like postcards, essential oils or their famous stones you'll get fabulous service no matter the value of your in store purchase. I've also used their online ordering programme to order more essential oils (which are top knotch) and have found the delivery to be super fast.

Highly recommend a visit to these guys, they're fabulous and iconic to Akaroa!

Visited November 2013