“Good with hiccups”

Tresori Motor Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Akaroa
Reviewed 20 September 2012

The motel is a bit overpriced in my
Opinion, given that Internet is not included and that it was further from the bay than its competitors.

But that's also a good thing. It's quiet, and the rooms are very clean. At first, service was good! We arrived there late-ish on a weekday evening and right away reception pointed us in the direction of cafes.

However, upon checkout, I discovered that I was double charged. Once for our stay and once for another couple's stay. It wouldn't have bothered me so much if
Peter, the guy at reception, hadn't been so rude and insistent that I was wrong. I pulled up my Internet banking to show him that I had been double charged, and even then he refused to relent even though Tresori Akaroa was next to both charges! I didn't want to be argumentative, but if I hadn't been, he wouldn't have realized his error.

In the end, I got a half assed apology that, unfortunately, soured the experience for me. It really didn't have to be that dramatic. I'll probably stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The rooms open onto the carpark with sliding doors, therefore neither very private not quiet. The staff were not as friendly or helpful as we've come to expect in New Zealand. However, the location was convenient to the waterfront and to the rest of the town.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Tresori Motor Lodge in August 2012 and were pleased with the stay.

The Hotel looks out over the street and most of the rooms facing in the carpark, so if your wanting the harbour view, you won' receive it here.

Our room (as with most others) had a sliding door for entrance, which opened out into the car park, so generally had the blinds pulled back so people couldn't peek in.

The room was clean, spacious and comfortable, the Compendium full of information, (yet some of the menus out dated) and the Kitchenette stocked with enough cooking facilities for our stay (we wanted a full kitchen as it was advertised but apparently all rooms have kitchenettes)

The bathroom was spacious, clean, and the rooms made up and tidy for us on both nights.

Probably my only gripe is the TV's are a little "historic" and need to be upgraded into flat screens, and larger, we found that we had to pull it closer to the couches to get a view (and also to change the channel!)

Host was lovely, and very friendly!

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here, and would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room, that way your room is not going to be in the viewing position of everyone...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed for one night on a visit to Akaroa for my wife's birthday. Very comfortable and clean and tidy unit. Would have given the motel a excellent but the TV's are very dated and small for the size of the rooms. Would expect at least 32" LCD on the wall for the price. Otherwise very nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed overnight, the final night of a 3 week holiday in New Zealand, and were not disappointed. An early checkin from a cheerful and welcoming host allowed us a full afternoon to enjoy the scenery, browse through the shops and wander along the seafront. Tresori Motor Lodge is a 2 minute walk to the jetty and shops, very convenient. Our unit had kitchen facilities, was spacious, clean and even had a second (small) TV in the bedroom. We'd be happy to return.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed three nights atTresori Motor Lodge, Very comfortable, Good beds, We had a two bedroom unit. It had everything that you need. The unit was very dark and didn't get much sun even though the days were beauitful. The units are very clean. Great location as two minute stroll from the waterfront, shops, hotels and cafes. If you don't care about having a view them this is a good choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Good place to stay in this little community. The motel style small living room/kitchenette and bedroom suites are adequate and very conveniently located. Landscaping is very good with a lot of contained plants!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends