“Nice lunch”

The Trading Rooms Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Akaroa
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood, European, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: View, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Exciting modern cooking, fine wine selection, beautiful sunset harbour views from the terrace. The Trading Rooms is a timeless historic venue, perfect for your special occasion.
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

me and my girlfriend we decided to stop there for lunch. Nice combination of salmon and lovely wine list! I loved every single aspect of the restaurant and that's why they deserve a 5 *

Malaysia
“Good food with good value”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

It was a warm and sunny day, we had lunch after our cruise. The food was great ! All 12 of us enjoyed our food and we had dozens of Bluff Oysters which was in season.

Visited May 2014
“Hands down, best restaurant in Akaroa.”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Every time I dine here the food is amazing, the view is stunning, the staff are super super friendly and knowledgeable, the building is spotless and the experience is always a special one. I am a huge fan of the Fruits De Mer seafood platter, Oysters and the chocolate fondant - must haves. The menu really showcases the local produce and seafood and the wine list has some gems on it. Always an enjoyable experience. Thank you Stephen and Kathryn and The Trading Rooms - 10/10.

• Visited April 2014
“Second visit even better!!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to the trading rooms, we ate here a while ago and really enjoyed it so on our latest visit to akaroa we decided to return for dinner and we were not disappointed! My partner had terrine with a yummy Fijoa chutney follow by venison! He loved it! I chose the beef fillet which was cooked perfectly for how I like it! I wanted to lick the plate but restrained myself! The service was friendly and efficient with out being intrusive. Thank you the trading rooms

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The food was amazing. We both had special of the day which consisted of French opinion soup( my husband loved it) I had oysters which were very tasty. We had the Ribeye was cooked perfectly and glass of Bougelais. Staff was very friendly and sweet and nothing was too much trouble. Would highly recommend.