“Lunch at Oxleys Rock Hotel”
Review of Voyager Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Voyager Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oxleys Bar and Kitchen, is a restaurant and bar that packs heaps of punch and produces meals that are suitable for a family, or perhaps if you are trying very hard to impress your partner with a fantastic dining experience. The waiting staff are fabulous and the meals are just a couple of notches below fine dining, so you get a great meal, including entree's, mains and desserts, but at a very affordable price.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had lunch in Picton today with my hubby and we were both really impressed with the food. 10/10 - good value, superb tasting food and reasonably priced. Nice and friendly service too so thanks heaps and keep up the good work.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

On our trip down the South Island wwe had a two day stop over in Picton. On the first evening after walking around th township and reading enues we to eat at Oxleys Rock Hotel. There as a mixture of locals and visitors like us there that evening nd somehow because of the friendly nautre of the place a group of eight of us ended up sitting together. I ordered scallops.and my husband lamb shanks. Both meals were presented beautifully and tasted superb. The next night we once again wandered around trying to work out the best place to eat. It did not take us long to realise that food from the previous night needed to be savoured again. Once again we were not disappointed.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Saw the menu from outside and thought it looked good. We went in and were nicely greeted. We ordered a drink then our food. After 45 minuets we asked how long it would be and were told it was being plated and the lady apologised for not telling us there would be a delay. After a further 15 minutes it arrived. I had ordered a rib eye steak medium which arrived well done. My wife ordered the seafood dish for one person costing $60 and there was enough food for two people and she felt the salmon was not fresh and was not tat great. We ate up and they knocked off the bill our two drinks which I thought was OK considering the wait. Overall not a great dinning experience for us.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Ok, I am somewhat difficult to please, I live in Auckland and have access to some really good restaurant’s, couple that with having travelled to Australia, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan and US, I know what is good, I know what is not. The Oxley’s restaurant and Bar, is it 5 star, no, is it really good, unequivocally yes. They specialise as a seafood restaurant and are good at what they do, not perfect but very good. The night we were there, they were busy, they apologised for being slightly short staffed but I still consider the service was excellent. The Blue Cod I had was some of the best I have eaten, everyone else considered their meals very good. One of the couples had the Oxley’s Seafood platter between them ($100), it has to be the biggest I have ever seen, value for money, yes. The wine list is good, if you do not know the wines, pick the type you would like and them suggest the wine. Bottom line, do I recommend it, yes.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had the lamb shank and potatoes which were very good. The salad which also came with it was superb! We had a nice visit with one of the owners. Definitely try!