Glengary Bed and Breakfast
Gateway Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$64
Broadway Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$92
High Street Living Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$61
Jasmine Court Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
Agoda.com
Bay Vista Waterfront Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$322
US$312
  • Free Internet
Aldan Lodge Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$74
Picton Beachcomber Inn(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$83
Agoda.com
Harbour View Motel Picton(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$86
Beachside Sunnyvale Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$96
Priceline
All reviewsguest loungehomemade mueslib bcomplimentary glass of winechristmas cakeour room was extremely comfortableferry terminallovely homequeen charlotte tracknew zealandone nightgreat receptionprivate bathroomferries cominggreat hostsday hikeother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hosts Glenys and Gary have thought of everything in providing this bed and breakfast experience.
From the warm welcome, gorgeous views of Picton's shore and hillsides, to the lovely décor, very comfortable beds, and most enjoyable continental style breakfast.
I was taken to and collected from the Interislander terminal, and was able to leave my car at "Glengary" overnight when I was in Wellington which I really appreciated.
I was travelling alone and felt very well supported by my hosts.
Thank-you for everything.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Glenys and Gary make sure your stay with them is just like being in the home of friends. Glenys picked us up from the ferry terminal and kindly took us the following day to collect our car rental. Breakfast is worth having, homemade muesli, poached fruits and even home made yoghurt. All this followed by two different types of homemade bread and preserves. The view from the bedroom overlooked the harbour. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My husband and I stayed in Picton for three wonderful days at The Glengary B&B. We felt welcome, comfortable and our room was very nice Our stay was made all the more enjoyable due to the couple who own the B&B, Glenys and Gary Riggs. They made us feel like we were old friends who came for a visit! From a delicious breakfast each morning, including homemade muffins, Muesli and honey yogurt, to being treated to Gary playng the bagpipes for us, we couldn't have hoped to find better accomodations.
We had made arrangements to be picked up at the ferry terminal when we arrived in Picton. Waiting for us was a smiling Glenys. They filled us in on the history of the area, recommended restaurants, told us about themselves and made us feel right at home.
We highly recommend a stay at this fine B&B!

Room Tip: All rooms are clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated. We had a great view of the town.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maura L
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed with Glenys and Gary for two nights, bookending our walk on the Queen Charlotte Track. Glenys greeted us warmly upon arrival and we had a nice welcome glass of Marlborough Sav. Blanc. The view of the harbor from our room was quite nice and it was a short 3 to 4 minute walk to downtown where there are several excellent restaurants. Glenys had a wonderful early breakfast for us the next morning so we could catch the early water taxi out to the walk. They were kind enough to let us leave our car with them while we did the track. Upon our return we had another welcome glass of wine, a good nights sleep and excellent breakfast in the morn before we had to take off.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed 6 April 2013

A friend and I stayed here for three nights at the end of March prior to hiking the Queen Charlotte Track. I thought the service was really very good. We came by ferry from Wellington, which arrived over two hours late past 11 PM. Even so, Gary was there to pick us up (look for the sign at the bottom of the escalator) despite the late hour. The B&B is actually within walking distance (although I wouldn't do it with a lot of luggage), and the location is really superb. We stayed in the room with two twin beds with private bathroom located three steps away in the same hallway. The bedroom had a closet, space heater, and additional blankets. This room's view is of the treetops. The private bathroom has a separate shower and tub, with the toilet separated by a wall. Amenities include shampoo, shower gel, and make-up cleansing pads. No worries about other guests using the bathroom as theirs are en suite and Glenys makes it very clear that the private bathroom is exactly that, private.

The continental breakfast includes homemade greek yogurt, bread and muffins, fruit salad, and a stewed fruit. There are also cereals and preserves, and freshly pressed coffee. Breakfast is communal at the dining table so you will be eating with the other guests and with Glenys also present (and Gary on the weekends). There is no hiding behind a newspaper or eating and running. The portions are generous (help yourself), and there was plenty to get me through my first day's hike on the QCT. There is also a common lounge on the second floor with the three guest rooms, which is well-stocked with Marlborough sauvignon blanc, coffee, tea, and sometimes even homemade cookies! Very pleasant place to hang out and chat with other guests, although you can also politely excuse yourself if you want to leave. For this reason, I thought this place would be very ideal for a group (family or friends) to rent out all three rooms because the lounge area allows everyone to congregate while keeping the guest rooms private.

I really like Glengary and would definitely stay here again. It's very much like staying in a large family home of a distant relative, and I sort of liked this "returning home" feel every night. Since we stayed for three nights, Glenys and Gary invited my friend and I to join them for a little wine tasting/testing the final night (my predilection for the Marlborough sauvignon blanc well-known by that time) and yummy snacks where we chatted very happily for a couple of hours. I think Glenys is the one who takes care of all the guest rooms and bathrooms so I found the room/bath to be sufficiently clean for my purposes but my friend was disappointed in this regard. The room/bath was not cleaned every day, but Glenys invited me to collect clean towels from the hall closet whenever I wanted new ones. Glenys will help book tours and both are very generous with sharing information on the area (Glenys is the head of the local wine association while Gary is head of the local B&B association). When we left, Glenys very kindly agreed to drop us off at the boat pier by way of the Danish bakery so we could begin our hike (after helping us fill all our water bottles).

So, I really liked staying here, in no small part because I like the whole B&B concept. (I am such a sucker for homemade baked goods!) I can also see how if you are into a more anonymous hotel experience, where you don't want to interact with people you don't know, this might not be such a good choice. But if you want that more personal interaction with owners and don't mind talking to other guests, this is a great place to spend a few nights!

Room Tip: There are three rooms to choose from with different views and priced differently. Check their website.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends