“Tombstone Backpackers is Awesome”

and 1 more site!
Tombstone Backpackers
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I absolutely loved this place! I spent almost three weeks in New Zealand and this was, by far, the nicest place I stayed. It was right at the end of my travels and I wish I could have spent more time there. If I ever get back to Picton, it will definitely be my first pick for where to stay. It was clean, friendly, well equipped, and definitely the most comfortable place I stayed. Literally across the street from the Bluebridge Ferry Terminal (and easy walking distance from the Interislander), it is also easy walking distance from the wharf and various grocery stores and restaurants. I can't say enough good things about this place. Not of interest to me, but maybe to you...they had a lovely, big common area with a big screen TV (lots of channels), a lovely (very clean) hot tub, and free WiFi and a shared computer in the main building. By the way...if you're preferring "hotel" type accommodation, don't discount this place just because it's a "backpackers"! The "room" I eventually chose was a bit on the expensive side for a "backpackers", but like I said, it was the nicest place I stayed while I was in NZ and it was WAY less than I would have paid for the same level of luxury at a hotel in Picton. Definitely check this place out! Oh yes, and free coffee, cereal and fresh baked biscuits for breakfast...

Room Tip: They have everything from dorms to private suites...it's all good...and I do mean that... it'...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have stayed at Tombstone a few times now and find it the best value. Great friendly staff who go out of their way to be helpful. Used to use the bunk rooms but the twins and doubles are great value and more spacious.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Very friendly und helpful couple. Nice place to stay and very close to the ferry.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We had such a pleasant surprise when we arrived at tombstone. Courtesy pick up from the ferry terminal by the lovely Lynne or Gordon, who really make you feel at home. There is daily free breakfast including homemade hot scones, and free unlimited wifi. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a self contained apartment which was just superb - full kitchen, tv, balcony with a view of the water and a host of other welcome touches. The communal areas were clean, the vibe was chilled and the setting was great.

All in all, one of the best hostels we have ever stayed in. Thank you Tombstone!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Of all the backpackers I visited while cycling down the length of NZ, this one was the best. Lynne is a perfect host and the building and facilities are all clean, new, and of high quality. Beyond that this backpackers offers a lot more than most others I've come across: a spa, free unlimited Internet access, free milk for tea and coffee, and a pool table. The only downside is that you probably won't have a reason to stay in Picton for more than one day so your visit to this backpackers is likely to be over far too soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Tombstone backpacker´s was where I started my South Island trip and it was a great chioce! I love the themed design of the place that includes the modern and stylish rooms.
All the place was very well maintained and clean. A huge TV, free DVDs, strong WIFI and FREE breakfast add a lot of extra value to my stay!
Moreover the owners are super friendly and helpful. Town center is in walking distance but if you feel you can´t make that, they will give you a lift :)
Right when I arrived, Lynne helped me to find and book the right Malbourough sound adventure for me and after I left she managed to find my e-reader that I, scatty enough, left in the room. She sent it via courier back to me. Thanks again for that!
An amazing place and hospitality at its best!

Room Tip: Lynne chose the room for me and did a perfect job as it was quiet and even with bathroom attached.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Tombstone is everything you want from a hostel - clean, spacious, friendly atmosphere, super helpful owners and a few lovely surprises thrown in (like a hot tub, wifi and freshly baked scones for breakfast all included in the reasonable price!)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo