“Cafe with a view.”

Seabreeze Cafe & Bar
Ranked #7 of 45 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Local NZ seafood, wines and beers. A nautical theme and piano bar with view across the waterfront and Queen Charlotte Sound
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This busy cafe has a prime position overlooking the harbour at Picton. Great place to watch the interislander docking.
As I was only in need of a small meal I chose the seafood chowder ($22)which came with toasted ciabatta. My husband opted for the lamb chops with mash & veg($32). A trio of ice cream completed the meal. All food was very good and worth the money. The view & atmosphere made it especially nice.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had the fish cakes, they were awesome.A busy cafe. Try the thickshakes, I had raspberry, it was devine, not too rich.
I would go again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Mixed reviews for this cafe. The location and appearance adds to the charm of Picton giving you the sense of a cafe culture city/town. The counter service was quick and we found a table in the lower section as the top area was very busy. This area was nearly empty but may not suit some as the tables and stools are high. The added bonus of this area is the large open windows that allow the sea breeze to filter in. This area also has a huge local map on the wall and piano.

We were in for a fish and chip lunch and with the number of tables taken top end we expected a wait. I didn't expect the drinks to take as long as they did. The poor girl on drinks duty was not only expected to make all the drinks but to find the customers too. This shows lack of planning by management. Like most coffee bars it can take 2 baristas to keep up with demand, they shouldn't have to deliver each drink too.

The meal was very good. Hot, plentiful and well presented. All the staff who served us were very pleasant and polite.

Pricing was top end of what I'd expect to pay in a cafe and we didn't see anything else on the menu that seemed value to make a return.

I returned the next day to grab some takeaway coffees. Bit of a mistake. Being given a number to get coffees is a bad sign. The only saving grace was I was able to past the time listening to a number of tunes being played on the piano...

1  Thank Wing_Watcher
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The meal, service and the view was outstanding.
Our waitress was very friendly and very helpful.
The food was well done and cheap.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We came here for a quick lunch. The service was good, the food was ok and well priced. The poached eggs were perfectly cooked. The view was amazing.