The Villa Backpackers Lodge
Gateway Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$64
Broadway Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$92
Bay Vista Waterfront Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$107
Jasmine Court Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$92
Agoda.com
US$89
US$74
Agoda.com
Aldan Lodge Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$74
US$320
US$310
  • Free Internet
Harbour View Motel Picton(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$85
Orbitz.com
Beachside Sunnyvale Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$96
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree apple crumblehot tubtree housethe kitchenfree wifibed dormqueen charlotte trackferry terminalone nightliving spaceshort walking distancewifi worked wellextra blanketsbathrooms were cleannew zealandstay there againfriendly atmosphere
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I guess it used to be in better conditions but still you have everything you need and it's well located. I liked the treehouse which was really enjoyable. But as I already metioned: everything looks like it used to be in a better condition.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I selected the Villa Backpackers because they were centrally located in Picton and were so helpful in arranging our Queen Charlotte Trek. I connected with Katherine at Villa BP and she was able to arrange everything from the ferry from Wellington to the entire Queen Charlotte Trek and back. This was an amazing service.

The Lodge offers a number of different types of accommodations. We stayed in a room with private bath. It wasn't fancy but very adequate. The kitchen facilities were OK. There is a difference between the two different buildings. We did happen to loose a piece of cheese in the refrigerator. Not really sure how that happened but as it turned out I guess we didn't need it on the Trek.

There are on site laundry facilities which was great. We were also able to leave an extra couple of bags while we were doing the hike.

The Villas is centrally located in town. It was easy to walk to everything as well as a number of great hikes out of town. It was a nice place to stay and we would stay there again. The great service that Katherine offered makes all the difference.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The villa is located very close to the ferry terminal, no worries though, they do ferry pickups.
The rooms are clean but not very big. It is quite cheap for $24 a night (6bed dorm). They offer free breakfast and free (very delicious) apple crumble every day. There is a free hot tub in the charming garden and a cozy fire place to keep you warm outside even in winter.
The staff is really nice and helpful!
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here at the end of the summer on my way to the North Island and absolutely loved it. The layout of the hostel is great and it is so easy to meet people, some of us were sitting around the fireplace at night and had a lot of fun. They also have a spa pool but I didn't use it.. The people in it seemed to enjoy it though.
Great was also the unlimited wifi, good chance to catch up with everybody at home. I stayed in a double room in the main building and while I could hear some noise from the living room in the evening they were quiet at night. I think the staff walked around after 10.30pm and made sure everybody kept the noise down. The bed was really comfortable and I had a great nights sleep.
Shame I only stayed for 1 night in Picton - Would have loved to chill out at this hostel for a while.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The staff of the centrally located hostel is very nice, as is the owner who gave us great advice on all activities, including queen charlotte track. The garden is very beautiful and features a hot tub, an oven and plenty of opportunities for a sunny breakfast. The kitchen is well equipped and clean, and the rooms are nice and not too small. We stayed in two different rooms, but both seemed a bit too pricey if compared to what you get for your money elsewhere, especially on the North Island.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple