Admiral's Lodge B&B Hotel
Picton Beachcomber Inn(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$85
Broadway Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$89
Jasmine Court Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$91
Gateway Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$59
US$132
US$66
Hotels.com
Aldan Lodge Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$204
US$198
  • Free Internet
Harbour View Motel Picton(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$106
Hotwire.com
Beachside Sunnyvale Motel(Picton)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$93
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfasttown centrerooms are clean and comfortablestayed hereclose to shopssky tva lovely staycatching the ferrythe kitchenhostloungefurnishingskeycrossing
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Over all we liked the Admiral's Lodge B&B. The location is just a short walk from the ferry and the harbor area. We arrived late afternoon. If one wants to have a bit of local flavor there is a Returning Serviceman's Association just around the corner that serves meals. Nice to mix with the locals.Also nice to take a walk around the harbor and Marina in the evening. Breakfast was adequate. The food was not presented well and no one was there to make sure things were refilled or to offer any guidance. This was the one negative. Poor service.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsboll
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Not sure what i expected. On seeing the room assigned to me, I found the room quite small. The TV had poor reception,could not get any clear channels from the three available. Bed was hard, and the sheets appeared stiff and noisy. I was in the back of the property and not sure whether the back yard was part of the lodge but whoever went to smoke there the smell came straight into the room I was staying in. Shower was extremely small, and the dial not very clear as to where it was set. Very hot water at times, could cause burns. Some creepy noises kept coming from the ceiling. Walls were not well insulated, could hear what was happening next door and in the hallway. Breakfast was very very basic. Location wise, thought it was quite central to the marina, shops and eating places. Gayle the hostess was very pleasant to deal with. Personally would stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a queen bed, rooms appeared larger as i walked past.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Koukla144
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I have just recently stayed two nights. Upon my late arrival in Picton nothing was too much trouble for the host. As I had an early sailing on the ferry next day she was more than happy to give me breakfast to take to my room to have before I left. Breakfast was more than adequate. When I arrived back to Picton I got to Admiral's Lodge before the actual check in time to take up residence in my room. However, the host was happy for me to go to the room earlier, which I appreciated as I was tired. I found my stay very welcoming, peaceful and the room both extremely clean and comfortable, as was the whole place. I will most certainly be staying here in the future as I often pass through Picton to get too and from the North Island. Just delighted that I have found a place where I feel happy and comfortable which also is so handy to the town centre, ferry and rail. I highly recommend this B & B.

Diana, Oamaru.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Diana G
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We were on holiday and prebooked. The property looked pleasant from the outside. It was clean inside but e welcome could have been much warmer. We had advised of special meal needs beforehand only to be told that the available breakfast made no allowances for that. We agreed it was as well that I travelled with suitable food and learned that most people do. I did not need to wonder why. The room was pleasant enough though a bit poky. The en suite was pleasant, well presented and clean. You could use the
Lunge if you wanted but it was not particularly inviting. Breakfast was simple and acceptable . Fruit, juice, toast and tea or coffee in the dining room looking onto the street. Guests were asked to wash their dishes and leave them to drain. Overall, the accommodation was okay for one night.

Room Tip: Maybe not on the west side in high summer.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I am disappointed to have to have to write this review, considering how excited I was to be spending my holiday with my husband in his native New Zealand. Living in Australia, we made the trip across and spent a few weeks travelling through the South Island. Firstly, I have always chosen B and Bs due to the friendly nature of the staff, and the personal touch. We should have stayed at the Mercure across the road for all the care the staff showed us.Apart from being quite dismissive when we checked in, we were woken early the next morning by the owner hammering on the door next to our room and literally screaming at the occupants that they had stayed past the check out time. And she kept it up. We were able to hear every word as the guy came out and told her (pretty calmly I have to say) that they were booked in for two nights. "No you're not!" she cried back.... Only to wander back to their room 10 minutes later saying "Oh, you must think I'm a fool. You are staying for two nights!" If he didn't, we sure did!!!! No apology for him. Breakfast was a mediocre, small, lacklustre affair. The rooms were adequate, but nothing to write home about. I would suggest anger management lessons... Or some serious humble pie.

Room Tip: Buy some ear plugs - and check she knows your check out time!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple