“Best meal we've had in NZ so far”
Review of Le Cafe

Le Cafe
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Picton
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We came back from The Queen Charlotte Trek this afternoon and stopped for a beer. Everyone was so helpful and we sat outside in the sun and had a cold one! We decided to come back for dinner. It was a beautiful view of the harbor.

We had the fish of the day (Tarakihi), Cloudy Bay Clams, and a salad. It was fantastic and the best we have had so far on our holiday. The perfect latte followed.

This place is wonderful and I will be. Ack in the morning for another latte :). This place is wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Le Cafe

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I don't know if it's just me but isn't tomato sauce a given in a restaurant in New Zealand? When asking a waiter if they have sauce, she replied with a stern "no!" Food was also average and $10 for a glass of orange juice? Staff where absolutely useless, had no idea about the menu, were not friendly at all and I had to carry three drinks to my table with no help. Would not recommend this restaurant or ever return

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We had a nice breakfast, though perhaps a little more expensive that it deserved. My poached eggs were overdone, but my juice was good. Hubby really enjoyed his scrambled eggs with cream cheese and home smoked fish.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We arrived in Picton on a Thursday night just before 9:00pm and checked into our motel. As a West Aussie, I find it a pleasure that restaurants in NZ are open quite late, that is, not a problem to get a meal at 9:00pm in a small town. I wish the Aussies in the West could learn a few tricks from this custom. Anyway, back to our wonderful meal at Le Cafe. Getting a meal at this hour was welcomed. The service was first class! The waiter was charming, attentive and very helpful. The food was fabulous and we chose a wine we had recently tasted at a local winery, also first class. A great night and a lovely finish to our last night on the South Island.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Went here twice, once for dinner, once for lunch. Yummy fresh food, great friendly service, good beer on tap, lovely wine and sensational views. Wish I was there now!!!