“Imaginative food and great service”
Review of The Shed Te Motu

The Shed Te Motu
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: International, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Casual, garden-to-plate eating in a relaxed vineyard setting.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Lazy sunny Saturday lunch with friends, Te Motu has it all. Very imaginative and fresh food, and professional service. If you only try one vineyard on Waiheke Island come here - I've lived here for 5 years and speak from experience. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Came for lunch, interesting and varied menu plus an extensive range of their aged wines, both by the bottle and the glass. Very few places can you order a 6-7 year old Bordeaux-style red wine by the glass! We shared 3 starters (the prawn dumplings were divine) and a fish dish as our main that included mussels, chorizo and harissa. The fish was nicely cooked although we would have liked a bit more kick from the chorizo and harissa. The two desserts (chocolate mousse and ice cream) were both excellent. Together with coffees and 3 glasses of red wine the bill came to $168. Nice pleasant views out over dormant vines in the vineyard. Excellent friendly service, knowledgeable about the wines and food on offer.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I had lunch here recently and really enjoyed the food, the ambiance and the view. Unfortunately I didn't drink wines because I had to drive by myself. but it looks very nice.
Hosts were wonderful. I had the steak. The portions were generous and the food was delicious!!!
Thank you so much. I'll definitely be back!
女1人で行きました。残念ながら運転のためワインは飲めなかったのですが、料理は美味しいし、スタッフがとても優しかったです!!環境も静かで、アットホーム。オススメです(^^)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were treated to magnificent food and spectacular wine and great hosts on Saturday afternoon - just divine! I particularly enjoyed the cauliflower kofte - what a delicious combination of flavours particularly matched with the Sauv Blanc... a memorable afternoon and hope to revisit again sometime!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

As new residents on the Island (6 months) we decided to pop in and visit Te Motu last Sunday afternoon on our way home to Kennedy Point. Even though it was after 3.30pm we were made very welcome by the bubbly and very personable host. This place was also highly recommended by our friend Grant and I have to say, we were impressed and thoroughly enjoyed our fairly brief stay. Presentation of our platter was fantastic, the wine excellent, the service even better !! We will certainly be back hopefully for a longer stay and enjoy dinner. Well done, Mike & Jan