“Be wary of confirmation of your trip”

Waiheke Island Wine Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: $125 p/p! Catch the 10am ferry from downtown Auckland, cruise the sparkling waters of the Hauraki Gulf and in 35minutes you'll arrive in paradise! Wayne (owner) is our primary guide with Graham and Christine - also passionate Waihetians! We are the original ‘Waiheke Island Wine Tours’, the island's first Qualmark-accredited tour operator; we offer professional, fully planned itineraries with all arrangements made on your behalf. Ten clients max in each of our comfortable vehicles with vented air-con and large windows for excellent sightseeing. Enjoy our entertaining scenic tour with full commentary on island life today and our early beginnings. Included : all tasting fees at 3 top vineyards, chilled bottled water, Waiheke Island of Wine Maps, transfers to lunch and to the ferry afterwards. Daily Tours (except Xmas Day, Easter Friday and the odd short break). Privately tailored tours are available by arrangement. No credit card or booking fees - book and pay online - its EASY!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this tour and received multiple confirmation emails. The website even requires you to check with the company to be sure they have enough people to run the tour... which I did (they won’t run it for a solo traveler). When the coordinator found out they had not checked out the date fully, they emailed me and very politely apologized and told me they would need to cancel my tour because it was just me. Mistakes happen, and they refunded my money immediately, but I built my three days in Auckland around this tour, and this really could have put a wrench in my plans. I took the Fullers Explorer Hop On/Off instead. I’d recommend it - much cheaper, and the tour guides are a hoot!

Waiheke_Is_Wine_Trs, Owner at Waiheke Island Wine Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Studermw, I am the co-owner of the business and the person you dealt with at the time. When you contacted me on Monday 25th to make your booking for Wednesday 27th I mistakenly thought you were talking about the following day. I had the wrong date in my mind (which as I mentioned in my email to you - I had no reasonable explanation for). I take full responsibility for this mistake and yes, from time to time we do make mistakes. We refunded immediately and apologised profusely. I'm glad to hear you had a great day out on Waiheke Island. Best wishes Jean.

All reviews
"cable bay"
in 25 reviews
"knowledgeable guide"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 15 reviews
in 9 reviews
"private tour"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have done a few wine tours around Waiheke, and every time the experience is fab. Definitely enjoyed this and would recommend this for anyone who is looking to explore different types of winery around the island. Jean made sure all our day was all booked in and sorted what we wanted and Wayne on the day went the extra mile to make our time more enjoyable. He dropped us to our accommodation for the night as well.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Waiheke Island wine tours were superb. I traveled alone and this was not a problem for them. Wayne’s knowledge of the island was great and he made me feel very welcome. The three wineries we visited had a great selection and I walked away with a few bottles.
The booking process was easy, even when I only booked it the night prior. Jean provided some great ideas for lunch and then managed to fit me in last minute with the rest of the group.
Overall it was such a fantastic day out. No regrets or negative feedback to give. Thankyou

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a fantastic experience that exceeded our expectations. Wayne was very organized and knowledgeable about the island and the wines. Highly recommended!