“Brilliant sailing and lovely company on Te Aura”

Island Sailing onboard Te Aura - Waiheke Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Te Aura is a 12 metre skippered catamaran designed for sailing charters in style. Guests can enjoy catered, hands on sailing or relax amongst the numerous scenic bays, wildlife and breathtaking scenery of Waiheke Island and Hauraki Gulf. Options include a range of shared or exclusive day or twilight wine tasting cruises. Te Aura is safe and stable, and is ideally suited to a wide age range including children and has an on-board galley bar.
Midlands
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Brilliant sailing and lovely company on Te Aura”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were staying in Waiheke for a few days and took the Te Aura out with Maire and Phil for half a day. They were absolutely brilliant - we wanted to sail, do a bit of fishing, see some more of the island from the sea, and we did all of that and more!

They were very flexible - we were originally going to go out the day before, but Maire sent a text saying no wind that day, and they were happy to rearrange for the following day when there was great wind. We thought this was a great touch.

The boat is lovely, they provided some great snacks which we weren't expecting, and were generally great hosts on the boat. I did some proper sailing (thanks for the tuition Phil) and my husband caught fish which Phil filleted pretty much as they were caught.

We would 100% recommend Island Sailing, it was a great trip with lovely people. One other great touch - I left my fleece on board, and the next morning Maire bombed down to the wharf to get it to me as we were getting on the ferry back to Auckland. Great service, thank you!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank DJM_MP

Airdrie, Canada
“A Trip to Remember!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

An amazing trip on a perfectly beautiful day. There were 3 adults and a toddler (just under 2 years old) as soon as we met Phil and Caleb they were so warm and welcoming. They were very flexible with the day and wanted to cater the trip to our interests. My dad got to do some deep sea fishing said that was the absolute highlight of his entire vacation (and he still talks about it today!). Phil made the most mouth watering, amazing meal, both with the ingredients in his kitchen as well as fresh fish my dad caught - it was an absolute delight. Even my 1 year old son realized he loved seafood! :)
It was such a great trip and I highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for a laid back, relaxing adventure around Waiheke Island!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jordon B
Auckland, New Zealand
“Fantastic trip!”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I booked this trip for my friends stag party, I wanted an amazing experience he would never forget... It was fantastic, even better than I could have ever expected!
Maire and Phillip are amazing hosts, super friendly and fun. Once you hop on board they take care of everything and you have nothing to worry about.
Lunch was delicious! The boat is epic, you really have the feeling you are doing something out of the ordinary being out on it!
Don't think twice, you will have an amazing time!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Stuart B
Maire B, Owner at Island Sailing onboard Te Aura - Waiheke Island, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
What a fun day out on board T e Aura. I really enjoyed meeting you all and delighted you enjoyed the charter.
Wanaka
“10 out of 10”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Maire and Philip along with their son, gave us a perfect day out. We were a group of 13 friends, and looking for a cruisy day out with a nice lunch, and we got exactly that and more. The food was exceptional, from mussels to pork spare ribs to home made chocolate cake and a lot more. Great yacht with heaps of space for relaxing and enjoying the stunning area. Fully recommend this company to any one

1 Thank marcusevers
Maire B, Manager at Island Sailing onboard Te Aura - Waiheke Island, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
We really enjoyed hosting your group and on this blustery day in Autumn, I recall that fabulous day we had you guys on board....hope the wedding was a cracker!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best tourist activity I´ve ever done”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had never been sailing before in my life and I am happy that I choose a trip with Phil and Maire to put feet on a sailing boat for the first time.
Phil and Maire are more than just great hosts. I really enjoyed the time with those wonderfull people, the welcoming atmosphere they create on their stunning catamaran- the great stories they can tell- the local knowledge that they are so happy to share with their guests- They just make you feel like a guest and not just a random customer.
Phil was so nice to introduce me into the topic of sailing and I was allowed to help sailing.. this was a great way to find out about sailing- Phil is a really professional skipper and I got first hand information about sailing without a course.

Te Aura is just a beautiful boat and has so many spots to relax and enjoy the amazing scenery and special places they take you to. Phil and Maire know this place and you can tell that they just love to share this wonderful place with their visitors.

I always felt safe in the hands of Phil and Maire.
The food they provide is just divine. I had never expect to be looked after so well on a sailing trip.
You can see, feel and taste that they both are doing this to share their passions with other people. I had a perfect day, it was exciting and relaxing at the same time. I was looked after so good that I forgot all my sorrows and best of all I really learned about the place I visited while having an awesome day with this special people.
Thanks again Phil and Maire for the great time.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lukas196
Maire B, Owner at Island Sailing onboard Te Aura - Waiheke Island, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review...we love sharing the Hauraki Gulf with our visitors. Hope to see you again soon.