“What a location”

Man O' War Vineyards
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Taking the drive to the far side of the island and driving long distances on a gravel road were so worth it!

Any closer to the water and Man o War would be in it! Beautifully landscaped grounds, sublime location, some great wines (we even took home a couple!), lovely platters, just completely relaxing.

If we hadn't been visiting several wineries before lunch, this is the one we would've happily stayed at for an extended period.

Hope to be back sometime soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I loved it here: the location is truly spectacular, and sitting outside under the umbrellas a relaxing way to spend a few hours.
They serve yummy platters, with cheese, relish, breads, cold meat, oil etc.
The wine drinkers amongst our group said the wine was fantastic.
Overall a wonderful few hours.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We have been to Man O War Vineyards at Man O War Bay, Waiheke Island several times this summer. It never fails to disappoint!
Firstly, the Exiled Pinot Gris is the best wine I have ever tasted! It is like liquid honey :) (I love sweeter wines). The platters are also delicious, with cheese and relish and local olive oil. They also do gluten free platters on request.
There is plenty of space for children and there are often kids running around playing cricket. Also petanque for the adults! Also great shade covers for when it's too hot to sit under the sun.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Another perfect place in New Zealand - we have so many.

First time here - great wine, top wine hostess, platters and sea location so worth a visit!

So relaxing should have stayed all day!

Will be coming back again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Couldn't book by ringing this vineyard - they told us to go on line to book the shuttle. We tried on the iphone but the site wouldn't come up. We ran to the isite who also tried to book by phone - three phone calls later they told us to run to the bus stop at the other end of town. Finally got on the shuttle (mmmm a bit rickety - but the driver was cool) and off we went. What a horrible road getting in there, but a beautiful setting once you arrive. Staff tried to tack us on to the end of a 'grabone' party - we managed to separate from them and had a lovely wine tasting with a staff member. we had the platter between the two of us - very tasty, but what a shame there was very little choice and no desert option (would have been nice with their lovely sticky wine).

When I paid, there was no effort made to sell me any wine and I felt they were really rushed and could I just pay and make way for the next customer. Glad I have been there, but would I go back ... no.

1  Thank bossyannie