Our recent honeymoon stay at the Boatshed was outstanding. As other reviewers have describe at length, the style and decor of the place is unbelievably beautiful and stylish. The food is exceptional and out room - the 'lighthouse' - was literally an oasis with a top floor lounge with wrap around views of the island and a sun drenched daybed. Our stay was a wedding gift from our friends and family and was very gratefully received. If we had paid the bill ourselves, however, I may have been a bit more critical because in peak season the Boatshed and its peers are an incredibly expensive way to travel in New Zealand. The only constructive criticism I would provide to the management of the Boatshed is not to forget about "luxury hotel basics" in the quest for style and ambiance. For example, at those prices, I was surprised to find low grade bath products, no complementary slippers and 'turn down treats' only on our first night. Those Anzac biscuits were amazing - keep them coming every night please!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boatshed is a small luxury hotel on Wiaheke Island - sitting above the beach of Oneroa with extensive views out over the bay. Best described as "barefoot luxury", this seaside hotel and the island its on are a perfect reflection of the modern New Zealand holiday - with a high level of design detail, beaches, vineyards, galleries, and stunning coastal walkways make this little place the perfect tonic for those wanting to get away from it all. We look forward to seeing you soon... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Boatshed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island