My sister and I have just shared four blissful days at the Boatshed - it was our first time in Little Oneroa and at the Boatshed.
Jonathan is a consummate host and GM - his easy style and manner helps guests immediately relax; the staff and particularly the chef were at all times so helpful. The service is outstanding. The hotel's open areas are chic and elegantly outfitted with interesting objets - beachy and nautical.
Our room - one of the boatsheds - was meticulously outfitted with everything that a guest could want and need. There were yummy biscuits - the jar topped up twice daily, Antipodes water - both sparkling and still - provided in the room, aromatic coffee and teas plus a jar of juicy jelly beans. The room was cleaned to an excellent standard each day and the turn down service with change of towels, if needed, was really appreciated. I really loved the Cafe del Mar music in our room. All meals were outstanding. Standouts in my mind were the lovely stewed fruits served with breakfast, salad lunches of which herbs, leaves and tomatoes were freshly picked from the extensive vegetable garden. The light dinner served on first night and the 5 course meal enjoyed on the final night were also highlights.
The Little Oneroa beach itself is absolutely beautiful - very shallow, calm and the water not too salty. One felt fresh and clean when one came out of the water rather than feeling the need to shower off the salt immediately - the beach bag, towels, hats and sunscreen were really appreciated. I purchased a boater hat and rather than having to carry it home with me, the Boatshed offers to send the goods to your home or postal address free of charge - now this is service!
The walks are beautiful too and views spectacular.
All in all, the Boatshed experience was sublime. It provided terrific value for money and I can't wait to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boatshed is a small luxury hotel on Wiaheke Island - sitting above the beach of Oneroa with extensive views out over the bay. Best described as "barefoot luxury", this seaside hotel and the island its on are a perfect reflection of the modern New Zealand holiday - with a high level of design detail, beaches, vineyards, galleries, and stunning coastal walkways make this little place the perfect tonic for those wanting to get away from it all. We look forward to seeing you soon... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Boatshed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island