“You must stay here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Boatshed

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Waiheke Island
The Boatshed
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Waiheke Island
Dallas, Texas
“You must stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I just recently started writing up reviews on TA and had to post about our memorable stay last Dec at the Boatshed. My husband and I spent 3 nights relaxing and visiting a number of wineries on the island. Our stay was both amazing and unforgettable. Jonathan and his staff catered to our every need. The rooms were deluxe and topped off with a fireplace! The food and wine were excellent. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Auckland.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This place was simply amazing - i cant fault one thing - would love to come back one day - the food was to die for, the huge glasses of wine and the fact that all the food they serve is grown in the garden are just some of the things that make this boutique hotel one of the best i have been to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The Boatshed was our last stop in New Zealand, and it was it was most definitely worth it. It was dreamy and indulgent and a perfect place for a couple to relax and unwind. Jonathan and his team were very welcoming and the bespoke food was exceptional. The arrival drinks and cheese platter was a lovely touch and Jonathan always had time to help and advise on where to explore on the island. The nearby beach is simply stunning with a backdrop of sail boats and purple flowers. We only hope that we can one day return to this beautiful place!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JBXXIII
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have been meaning to write this review all year since our magical New Year stay at The Boatshed but time has got away on me. Ee had the most amazing time from the moment we walked in to the peaceful idyllic Boatshed and Jonathan offered us local wine and cheese as we sat on the balcony in the sunshine basking in the glorious view. Jonathan and his team looked after us so well, nothing was every too much bother. The food was delicious as was sitting eating ti walking the sea. The rooms we so tranquil and the location is great - an easy stroll along the road, beach or clifftops to Oneroa, and a quick walk to Little Oneroa beach for a swim. We were lucky enough to hire the Mini Moke (aptadly named Togs) during our stay and felt young and carefree as we explored the island in our zippy beach transport. All in all we could not fault anything about our stay...or only regret is that we live so far away that we can't make it a regular on our holiday schedule. It was bliss!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Catherine O
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed at the boatshed for two nights but oh how I wish it had been for a week. It is expensive but every little luxury is thought of. The weather was rainy and cold but we were in heaven in the bridge room with our luxurious king size bed, fireplace, amazing views, a cheese platter and a bottle of port! The staff were all amazing and the food was delicious. We opted to have dinner by the fire downstairs on one night. The chef uses produce from their own garden and created a memorable four course meal. If you need some time out from the kids or just the hustle and bustle of every day life, then this is the place to go.

Room Tip: The bridge has amazing views
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London GB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I love this beautiful hotel on the stunning island, Waiheke, off the coast of Auckland. You are welcomed immediately you drive up to the hotel. I had the Tower bedroom which was just gorgeous. Level 1 was the entry area and bathroom, with a beach bag, towels, sun hats and sun screen (I love that touch). One floor up a spiral staircase was the bedroom, and one further level up, the tower day room, with day bed. It had views out over the bay and over the town of Oneroa. At night the lights twinkled romantically. I opened all the doors to the balcony, had the sea breeze wafting in, as I read and sipped delicious wine.

Breakfast was a true feast, but the real foodie treat was the set menu dinner, which was creative and utterly delicious and inventive. I was hugely impressed by the chef at The Boatshed.

Do stay here. It is bliss. I never wanted to leave.

Room Tip: They're all good, but the Tower room is special. There are lots of stairs so do opt for one of t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gaffeur
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I have just returned from 4 wonderful days on Waiheke Island staying at the Boatshed. What an amazing place to stay! The decor is tasteful, Johnathon the host is warm and welcoming without being intrusive and the breakfast and dinners were up there with the best we have eaten all around the world.
Johnathon packed a picnic lunch for us one day which we ate at a glorious little bay in the middle of our walk around the peninsular. He had thought of everything right down to the home made biscuits tied up with string. It was a feast.
I rarely review places I have stayed as I am very conscious of praising a place others might not enjoy as much as I have but I have no hesitation in recommending the Boatshed. It surpassed all of my expectations - I had bookmarked a review I read in a magazine over two years ago - and I am happy to share my experience with anyone who might be anticipating vising Waiheke Island. The greatest compliment I can give is that our four days felt like four weeks, we were so completely relaxed and happy when the time came to leave. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
#2 of 6 in Oneroa
Enclosure Bay
Enclosure Bay
#1 of 6 in Oneroa

Been to The Boatshed? Share your experiences!