I had a wish list for my perfect escape and the boat shed met and indeed exceeded all my expectations.
I had two nights, midweek, in one of the boad sheds. The hosts, especially Jonanthan, were very welcoming and had the experience and grace to make me feel totally at ease, despite being the only guest. This meant that I could begin to relax and enjoy my stay straight away.
Fantastic coffee was available whenever I asked/needed. Breakfast was served under the canvas in the outdoor room with perfect views out to sea and freshly sourced local products. I ate my equaly amazing evening meals by the roaring fire, surrounded by candles, great music, my favourite wine and a book.
As the weather was windy and cold I spent the rest of my time sitting by the gas fire in my room, watching the DVDs that I never seem to get time to watch at home, or just resting and reading.
I was leaving as the weekend guests were arriving. I believe that they are usually fully booked over weekends and I would imagine that the experience of sharing the location with others would be different to my time alone, but the design means that you can feel very private if you want to, or be social easily too.
I live in Auckland, so it was only a taxi and ferry away from home - but it felt like another country, as the view is not back to the city lights but out to the ocean.
This is, without doubt, the best guest experience I have ever had. When you pay premium prices you hope for the best. At the Boat Shed you don't have to hope.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Boatshed is a small luxury hotel on Wiaheke Island - sitting above the beach of Oneroa with extensive views out over the bay. Best described as "barefoot luxury", this seaside hotel and the island its on are a perfect reflection of the modern New Zealand holiday - with a high level of design detail, beaches, vineyards, galleries, and stunning coastal walkways make this little place the perfect tonic for those wanting to get away from it all. We look forward to seeing you soon... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Boatshed reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Waiheke Island
- Boatshed Hotel Waiheke Island