“Perfect location for a small intimate wedding”
Review of Delamore Lodge

Delamore Lodge
Ranked #2 of 30 Waiheke Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My partner and I spent 2 days at Delamore in December 2011 and had a small intimate wedding there with 6 guests. The location was stunning and Roselyn is a fantastic co-ordinator with everything running very smoothly. There are a number of locations around the property available to have the ceremony dependent upon the look and feel you want, and the island as a whole is a perfect location for post-wedding photos. The food is out of this world and the portions huge. The villa has a luxurious but relaxed feel and it is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the vistas. Only room for improvement would be some additional facilities in the bedrooms- full length mirror, dressing table where you can do your makeup etc which I would expect from a 5 star property.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nina022
There are newer reviews for Delamore Lodge

Reviewed 30 November 2011

Absolutely stunning venue for a conference. Roselyn was wonderful to deal with, professional and extremely helpful. Our Directors were more than impressed. If you want a wow location - do not hesitate to book at Delamore Lodge.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BurgerKingNZ
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My fianceé and I were married at the Delamore Lodge on November 1st, and we stayed there a total a total of 3 nights (October 31st - November 3rd). I wish I was still there....Rather than repeat the lavish praise that everyone else has already provided (all of which is true), I will just comment on our experience here.

Being from Canada, this was a very long way to travel, but we were looking for the perfect setting for our small, intimate ceremony and in this respect the Delamore was absolutely perfect. It is secluded and private, and as far away from the everyday as you can possibly get. Although we were getting married there, we wanted more than just a picturesque venue - we wanted a unique and memorable trip-of-a-lifetime stay on Waiheke Island. In that respect, the Delamore Lodge exceeded my wildest expectations. We were made to feel as though we were at home by Aaron & Roselyn (assuming, of course, that "home" is an ultra-luxurious, sprawling villa with the most incredible natural surroundings you could possibly imagine!). The food is beyond description, and the service (which is relaxed and informal) is equally outstanding. We almost felt guilty about not being able to eat it all, but the quantity served in no way infringes upon the quality. I have never eaten so well, and we actually took pictures of the food! Every day, we woke up to a panoramic view overlooking a gorgeous bay and majestic countryside, and then strolled leisurely over to the patio for a gourmet breakfast. I have never had it better, and doubt I ever will again until I go back.

Everything about the Delamore exudes quiet, unpretentious sophistication. It doesn't try to compete with the beauty of the surroundings, but instead just seems to fit right in. I have never been more relaxed than I was here. We are certainly not rich, and our stay here represented a significant investment for us, but it was worth every penny and I would do it again (and will!) in a heartbeat. The Delamore is not well-publicized in Canada, and indeed we found them pretty much by accident on the internet, but accidents like that I can certainly live with!

If you are going there, I am jealous, because I know what you are going to experience.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here - the villas are all identical and face the water. There are apparently...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shakkazulu
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed at Delamore Lodge, February 2011 for my sisters wedding.
It was perfect. The food, ambience, service were faultless.
The breakfasts were amazing, I have tried to copy a couple of the fruit ideas but my attempts do not even come close.
I cant say enough about the service, from the turn down service, to preparing the rooms to always having a full glass of wine on the evening - all of this done without me or my partner ever having to ask, it was as though everything happened by magic.

Room Tip: All rooms were "fantastic" as standard
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TReess12
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I heard about Delamore lodge from a friend who went there for his honeymoon some months ago. He could not stop raving about how perfect it was.

So last week, after a short business trip to Australia I decided to get a few days of R&R before I flew back. I booked a 3 night stay online, got a great deal on the room, complimentary pick and drop and was even assisted in making reservations at highly rated restaurants nearby.

When I got there, I still had some misgivings, expecting my friend's stories to be exaggerated. I was proved horribly wrong! Delamore lodge exceeded my expectations in every way! And mind you, I'm not an easy fella to please. I've stayed at 7 star hotels around the world and in short I was impressed.

The location is something out of a fairy tale. It is picturesque beyond words and some of the sunrises and sunsets are breathtaking. The staff is superb, well trained, courteous and ever present when needed. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with a fantastic view. The spas were indescribably relaxing and the food. Oh the food! Each dish I tried was better than the previous one. I went to the kitchen to personally congratulate and thank the chef for scintillating my palate. I almost didn't want to leave. Those 3 days gave me some of the best R&R I've had in my life!

Thankyou for taking such good care of me Delamore. I'm definitely coming again as soon as I get a chance.

P.s. don't be fooled by the rates. Its fantastic value for money. My only complaint is it's a bit out of the way but compared to some hotels and resorts, it's a steal!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Djshah84
Reviewed 24 September 2011

This is a truly spectacular place and Aaron is a genius in the Kitchen! A breathtaking view meets rustic luxury. The atmosphere is one of total relaxation from the pre dinner drinks and canapes to the sumptuous dinner. As is often the case, words and pictures do not do this place justice. The view from your bed is guaranteed to make your jaw drop! Expensive but worth it for a special occasion.

Room Tip: There are only 4 suites which do not have room for children but the apartment would be perfect .
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sal_Winchester
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have never had such an absolutely amazing, relaxing, DREAMY retreat ever before in my entire life..

I stayed in the new Luxury Apartments, and I can't even begin to describe how amazing my experience was..

The stunning views from the apartment were nothing short of dazzling.. As if for every moment I spent with those views was a moment spent in a blissful paradise, right out of a movie..

The decor was gorgeous.. And I mean gorgeous.... What a lovely place, World Class doesn't even begin to describe it.. You're talking Universal here..

And the beds... Oh my god.... Absolutely amazing! Huge beds made for kings and queens, so comfortable I didn't want to get out of bed all the while I was there...

The Delamore Staff are by far the most hospitable, caring, simply fantastic people! They made the stay and experience so much more rewarding..

The gardens... The luxurious pool and spa...

The sheer luxury, comfort and beauty of Delamore Lodge is unparalleled.. I'm due to get married in July, 2012 and I've already booked it for our wedding!

Anyway, I could carry on into the night writing this..

In short: Delamore Lodge is New Zealand's Paradise, it's paradise on earth. Period.

Highly Recommended!

#4 of 66 in Auckland Central
The Langham, Auckland
The Langham, Auckland
#6 of 66 in Auckland Central

Been to Delamore Lodge? Share your experiences!