All reviewsattention to detailinfinity poolpre dinner drinksbreathtaking viewsnew zealandamazing placecourse dinnerhalf moon bayspecial treatlittle touchesbeautiful propertyfood and wineblown awayour honeymooncar ferrylodgeluxury
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I bought a package of a night's accommodation plus extras for my husband's birthday. We had an amazing time and would recommend the Lodge to anyone.

Auckland's fickle weather was kind and after a day of rain and wind we arrived to calm seas and the outstanding view from our room. Having just been out to lunch (a mistake) we picked at the nibbles and wine waiting for us in out suite. I just loved the views, so peaceful!

Canapés' and drinks were served at six. It was nice chatting with the other guests, there was no shortage of wine and the food was delicious. Dinner was at seven and it seemed we were a little rushed to sit at the table, I would have preferred a little longer chatting (mind you, I was far from hungry!).

The meal was outstanding, my only complaint being it was far, far too much. It seems so wasteful to send a plate back to the kitchen with beautiful prawns, oysters, smoked chicken roulade still on it. Grace, the lovely server, informed us we'd never go hungry at Delamore Lodge. She wasn't kidding! All three courses were delightful. The reduction over the duck was so lovely and the feta tartlets just divine. I am not a dessert person but the crème brulee (I think it was Baileys flavour) was to die for. Full as I was I made quite a dent in it.

Breakfast was again, massive but very tasty. I enjoyed the "apple crumble" and other inventive touches.

All in all, we had a lovely visit. Will aim for two nights next time as we didn't have enough time to use all of the facilities in our short stay. The internet connection was patchy at best but everything else was five star.

Thanks Aaron and Grace!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MandyNewZealand
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Delamore has and always will be a special place for my wife and me to stay for special events. We were more than delighted to have exposed this gorgeous retreat as part of a 20th year business celebration.

Room Tip: Awatea Suite is our favourite; the view is incomparable from anywhere else in the Hauraki Gulf.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 July 2013

What a fantastic experience, from the moment we arrived at the Waiheke ferry terminal where our hosts for the weekend had arranged for our pickup and delivery direct to the fantastically manicured Delamore Lodge. Shortly after settling into the spacious and luxurious suite Ros and Grace arrived with a beautiful platter of nibbles and bottle of wine. From there it was massages prior to pre dinner drinks with our Host Aaron who is an absolute wiz in the Kitchen. The food at Delamore is amongst the best we have experienced anywhere with the freshest of produce expertly prepared in every detail. Can’t rate our experience highly enough and would recommend you do yourselves a favour and experience it for yourselves.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We were keen to find privacy, luxury, gourmet food, spa treatments and warm, friendly service for our annual girls weekend. Delamore delivered all that and more. From the moment we drove through the welcoming gates and meandered down to the lodge we felt the world slip away. We spent 3 days immersed in heaven, made even more exquisite by Roselyn's generous upgrade to the suite. We were thrilled when fresh from our 90min massages, we were offered the chance to have pre-dinner drinks and canapes in our robes and slippers, in front of the roaring fire in the main lounge. My husband is a chef, so I am used to great food, and Delamore did not dissappoint. The hand made heart shaped cookies left in our kitchen, was one of the many little touches we relished throughout our stay. Exceptional service and attention to detail, without being fussy was just what we were seeking on this break from Christchurch. I can't recommend this place highly enough and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are superb. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite, which includes full kitchen, 2 bathrooms and has stairs down to the spa rooms. Being a small private lodge, set on it's own large block of land, there is absolute peace and tranquility.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patsy670
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our guests and friends are still commenting and smiling about the time we have spent at Delamore Lodge I can say that our experience was memorable the sights the surroundings the food and the staff the where first class. Not to mention the fact that we throughly relaxed and enjoy all the best hospitality that Waiheke has to offer. We all look forward to our next visit at Delamore.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends