Waiheke Island Resort
US$121
US$121
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
Howick Motor Lodge(Howick)(Great Value!)
US$104
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
US$104
The Boatshed(Waiheke Island)
Te Whau Lodge(Waiheke Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewspalm beachthe rooms were nicedealt with efficientlyresort restaurantroom upstairsreception staffa nice place to stayshort walk to the beachstayed nightsspectacular viewslong weekendnew zealandvillashampooislandsofascenic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Recently attended a wedding at the resort and down at "The Dunes" venue (owned and run by the resort).

Reason for the terrible rating
- on the evening of the wedding, the bar prices were put up and where significantly higher than agreed in all previous meetings and than listed on their drinks menu at the bar (3 laminated copies were on the bar). The duty supervisor, argued to the death about how this was acceptable because the menu said on the bottom "Prices are subject to change without notice". His attitude was "take it or leave it". Unfortunately we had hired the venue for the wedding and could not go anywhere else now. Terrible customer service.
- food was way overpriced for what was presented. Two course buffet meal that was average but charged at premium high class restaurant prices.
- the head table was served the wrong meals
- they charged you for everything they could get away with..
- the two bar staff were nice, the other staff had an up-themselves attitude problem.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank kiwiboy24
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Decided to treat myself to a really nice hotel since I was tired from my road trip up through the North Island from home in Nelson area.
Let me say firstly that the Hotel receptionist is absolutely lovely and super helpful. Unfortunately she goes home at 5...
1) Bed was not comfortable - they'd even left the electric blanket installed which is one of those that you can feel every wire like a cable sticking into you - of course you dont realise this until the morning and you've had an uncomfortable nights sleep and wonder why...
2) The TV doesnt work properly - Hotel advertises SKY but I could only get the first 4 terrestrial channels despite actually tuning the TV myself. Terrestrial TV in NZ is hopeless because its ALL adverts.
3) The walls of the place allow every sound to be transmitted - I could actually hear the conversation of the people next door and every footfall they made! Obviously every trip to the bathroom too :(
4) Every so often there was a loud 'clack' which really disturbed my sleep.This turned out to be an electric fly-spray device- YuGHHH why do people think sleeping in a room constantly refreshed with poisonous chemicals is a good idea
5) Room has no telephone!
6) Wifi exists but there doesnt seem to be any way to access it
7) No staff after 7pm - no none at all! Notice on the door to call a cellphone number for theduty manager! Of course when I did ring in desperation about the telly (there was something I wanted to watch on sports) I just got through to his voicemail - I left a message for him to ring back. I'll leave you to guess if he did or not..
8) there wasnt even a fork to eat a take away!

It was $156 for a one room with en-suite with no view. I think it was actually worth more like $25. I have stayed in motorcamp huts with better facilities and more privacy.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank RR2012
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We went over to Waiheke for a weekend and stayed at the resort. We were in villa 11 right at the top of the site so we had spectacular views. The room (1 bed villa) was quite roomy with a large deck.

Inside the villa was starting to look a bit worn with cracked floor tiles and some peeling paint in a few place, but quite well equipped.

Pool area was good and service was friendly. Reception is not 24 hour though and the bar was closed when we got back from dinner at about 11pm.

Overall OK for the price but would probably not stay here again given a choice.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better the view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DaveCardiff_UK
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom villa. It was very spacious and clean. Good service - manager was kind and friendly. Would recommend for those traveling with family and require space. Comes with a mini kitchen and oven. There are no shampoo/shower gels in the bathroom so bring your own.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Lzl25
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I had a training at this location and I was a bit disappointed about the absence of nice shampoo and body lotion etc. But the location, the helpful staff (they brought me my lpad to the ferry terminal in time after I accidently left it behind), great lunch and dinner not speaking about fresh fruits in the breaks and tempting cakes made it all up for me!!! Only room for improvement is the very average breakfast!
Thanks again for bringing my iPad!!

• Stayed: November 2011