“Wonderful experience!”
Review of Potiki Adventures

Potiki Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: 10Am Ferry Ex-Auckland - Return 4pm Ferry. Spend a day with your local Maori guide exploring Waiheke Island from a Maori perspective. You will visit stunning landscapes and pristine beaches and hear the stories and history related to them. The tour includes a native bush walk where you will learn about traditional and medicinal uses of plants, history and significance of the pa site and a taonga puoro (musical instruments) demonstration. You will visit one of Waiheke's top vineyards for an optional wine tasting. Your guide will teach you about the harakeke (flax) bush and perform a flax weaving demonstration. View and learn about the significance of the marae and the Maori community of this beautiful island. Lunch is at a local cafe.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My visited to Waiheke Island would not have been as amazing without Potiki Adventures' leadership and hospitality. Learning about Maori culture and being welcomed in such a warm way made the experience one of a kind. Bianca and her team led my group around the island to beaches, vineyards, and hiking, all while fueling us with delicious food! Thank you Potiki Adventures for the unbelievable experience!

Visited February 2014
Kia ora Sarah!

I'm pleased you had such a great time and that you enjoyed the food!

Sorry about the delay in responding to your excellent review. It is much appreciated!

Mauri ora, Bianca

Auckland, New Zealand
“Awesome”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I went here with a group of college students who were studying abroad from America. Our stay here created memories that lasted a lifetime. We were able to be apart of a Maori welcoming ceremony, learn bits about the culture and older traditions of the Maori people and bond as a group through various activities. We went kayaking, snorkeling, visited the Canterbury winery, and loved every minute of it. The lodging was comfortable and there are facilities for showers and the food provided was satisfying. All of the people there that I interacted with were extremely nice and respectful. This excursion would be icing on the cake for anyone visiting New Zealand, who wants to get away for a bit. I am glad I went and will try to return one day. I went and loved it and I think that you will too!

Visited February 2014
Kia ora Imani,

Thank you for your review of your time with us on Waiheke Island.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Aotearoa and all is going well for you!

Nga mihi, Bianca
Dallas, Texas
“A Priceless Experience”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Potiki Adventures is a priceless experience. I am so grateful to have learned from Bianca and her staff, who share their intimate knowledge of the Maori way of life with great enthusiasm. They teach visitors about New Zeland and Maori ideology through outdoor activities such as backpacking through the island, kayaking, and staying at a local marae. I will never forget my time with Potiki Adventures.

Visited March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Kia ora Lauren,

Thank you for the awesome review! It's great to know that you enjoyed your time here with us on Waiheke Island. Also, thanks for being the first review we receive on Trip Advisor!

Nga mihi, Bianca