“A great way to get around Waiheke”
Review of eCyclesNZ

eCyclesNZ
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bicycles , wine-tours, electric assist bike rentals, tandems, mountain bikes. Best way to see Waiheke - and Auckland. Long term rentals, and specialist tours. Tandems, Bullitt cargo bikes, trailers, kids seat ..let us give you the next euphoric moment. Book on see-nz.com for Auckland CBD also. Much much more than just a magic carpet ride ;) ELECTRIC MOPED/SCOOTER RENTAL COMING SOON (Call for more info)
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My partner and I rented eBikes for the day to get around Waiheke. We were met at the ferry by Rob, and delivered back to the ferry in the afternoon. We had ridden Mountain Bikes before but not eBikes, but they didn't take long to get used to. We visited the markets, beaches and wineries and got around a good part of the island. There was more traffic on the roads than I had expected, but this didn't detract from the experience. There are hills on Waiheke and the electric motor on the eBikes helps, but you still need to pedal! (But a lot less effort than riding a mountain bike!). Thoroughly recommend the experience.

1  Thank Duncan W
All reviews
"electric bikes"
in 9 reviews
"explore the island"
in 5 reviews
"e bike"
in 4 reviews
"great service and attention"
"melt away"
in 13 reviews
"route"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Waiheke is quite hilly, which is what makes it so beautiful. However, it would be tough on manual bike! Take away all the pain and make your only job to appreciate the beautiful scenery! Ebikes are and absolutely fantastic way to get maximum coverage of the island with minimum effort! Rob (the owner) was super friendly and very patient in explaining the bikes and best routes and vineyards. He even drove us to the ferry port afterwards! Highly recommended!!

1  Thank Tamster111
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I just spent two weeks in new zealand. Our day trip to Waiheke Island was one of our trip highlights. WE rented the electric bikes from Rob at Ecycles NZ bike. It was an amazing day of riding to gorgeous wineries on top of bluffs, fantastic food at wonderful restaurants(Rob's Recommendation), and georgeous, white sand beaches... All this on an electric bike. You might ask, why would you need an electric bike on an island. After the first steep hill, you'll know why. The topography on this island is amazing.. It's up and down constantly and we wouldn't have made it on just a regular bike(we bike regularly). The electric bike takes the edge off on the hills and makes for an enjoyable day vs a constant bike workout day..
Rob was great and picked us up and delivered us back to the ferry at the end of the day.. I'd highly recommend to anyone who likes to bike and see beautiful scenery!!

1  Thank Thomas A
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Initially I wanted to get a standard bike for travelling the island, but not after seeing those hills! The electric bike made them much more manageable, and I got to all of my destinations without being sweaty and out of breath. They are even good for people who are not avid bikers, as there are 3 levels of assistance at your fingertips. I loved the bike so much I went back a few days later for another trip, and I have been singing their praises ever since!

2  Thank Jillian M
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I planned a surprise day trip to Waiheke Island for me and my partner, when I searched things to do I came across ebikes. I had done an ebike tour in Prague so I was definitely keen. It was the best and greatest day. Definitely the way to get around Waiheke Island. Rob collected us from the Ferry and got us set up and we took the bikes for the whole day. It was ideal to get around all the hills of the island and cover as much as you could. I highly recommend this experience, Waiheke Island is absolutely gorgeous and so worth going to Auckland for!

1  Thank felicity m