“Quiet, restful and romantic place, perfect for the just married couple”

Palm Beach Bungalows
Reviewed 25 April 2009

My husband and I had a wonderful honeymoon at Palm Beach Bungalows just a few months ago. We stayed in Tree Tops which was a very cosy little place. Although we stayed in Waiheke Island in January we did not experience the beautiful blue skies. It rained almost every single day but let me tell you about the tin roof….what a great feeling it was to go to bed and listen to the rain falling….
Brenda and Phil were very hospitable and always ready to assist.
Anton and I would definitely choose Palm Beach Bungalows again and Luxurious Bungalow would be our choice this time.
The whole property is surrounded by native trees, wood pigeons and tui birds would wake you up every morning and the beach is just around the corner.
What else would you need to feel amazing?

Thank you Brenda and Phil for you hospitality and see you again.

Cheers

Izabela and Anton

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2009

The Palm Beach Bungalows, were 100 times better than what we had seen on the website. The website does not do the bungalows any justice! We were abslutely blown away by how amazingly comfortable, romantic, clean, tranquil it was. Breakfast was so tasty, We've never had a scrummy croisant like those before.

We enjoyed our selves so much we have booked ahead for next year for 1 whole week, because 2 days was just not enough to absolutely absorb all the positive energies from the bungalows.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2009

We wanted a peaceful place to unwind after a stressful year and we found it. On arrival we walked down the tree lined path to our room which was lovely the feel you got when you walked in there was amazing. It was warm and inviting and spiritual. We rang reception to let them know that we had arrived and they came to see us to welcome us and wish us a good stay. That was the beginning of a beautiful weekend. The room was surrounded by big trees which we love and the green light in the tree just illuminated it enough. The bush was abundant with birds singing and flying around and the dawn chorus was absolutley amazing.
We think that it was lovely to just to walk into a room and then be greeted by the hosts and then just left in peace we never saw them again and just had to ring when we were leaving, the service was brilliant if you needed anything you just had to ring and it was there.
It would have been nice to have had a meal delivered to have a romantic night in but it was not high season and the meals were not available at that time.
Would definately recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing peaceful break away from the rat race.
Sue and William from Christchurch New Zealand

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2009

We experienced a wonderful romantic stay to celebrate our 5th anniversary. The bali garden experience is one that will stay with me all the way.

Fantastic massage therapists - bliss

I recommended this accomodation for my brother and his partner while visiting from scottland, and their experience was also amazing.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2009

Palm Bungalows is a great hideaway experience, located in a spot close to a great beach and local shops. The extras provided like the "Chef in the room experience" and Bali garden area are great additions and well worth it. We had a great time experiencing the Island from the very private and romantic palm bungalow. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. I would recommend Palm Bungalows to anyone wanting to get away from the city for a truly unique experience !

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2009

My partner Chad and I went over to the beautiful island of Waiheke for our 3rd year anniversary not quite sure what to expect.
I had been told by an aquaintance that Palm Beach Bungalows was this magical secluded paradise but wasn't sure if that was just how she found it and if she was over exaggerating..
Well after stopping in at the supermarket to pick up a few necessities (wine, cheese and crackers of course!) we arrived by taxi at the top of the road (just a short stroll to the beach) and as per the very simple but detailed instructions left by Brenda (the host) via email I found the path to our 'Room".
OMG-WOW!
We walked down these beautiful garden pathways(that were also lit up at night time to look like a glow worm grotto) that seemed as if they led to no where, when suddenly out of the garden was a sign with "The Cottage" our accomodation choice for the weekend, up another little path we go to discover that within this bush paradise is indeed a room-well actually a cottage.
It had a neat little covered breakfast deck out the front which overlooked the bush that we had just walked through. Keys as promised were sitting there ready for us to let ourselves in and make ourselves comfortable..
Inside was a gorgeous home, it was as if someone had just up and left.
This was nothing like a hotel room where you feel like a guest this had that homely feel.
An awesome couch that you just sunk in to, a dining table, a fully equipped kitchen (with the option of having someone coming in to cook for you or cooking for yourself), a fridge(for the wine and cheese of course!) and then off of the lounge was your bathroom and bedroom.
The bedroom had an awesome-LARGE 4 poster bed with mosquito net around it for that romantic feel and a door off the bedroom into the very private courtyard (yes thats right a courtyard!)
Well, out in the courtyard was the bit that sold me in the first place the DOUBLE FRENCH TUB!! and also another table and chair set to enjoy the outhdoors.
Ooohhhh, Mmmmmmm absolute relaxtion at its best, out in the open with nothing but a wee roof to cover you from nature was this huge tub for 2 normal size people. Well needless to say the first thing I did was fill it up with hot water and hop in.
Peering out from my bath to the beautiful bush backdrop, the afternoon sun shining and and the sound of native bird song as your sound track. BLISS!!

We also opted to go in to the Bali Garden that night!!! Literally MAGICAL, such a great concept, even though it drizzled while we were there we were warm and oh so snug. I wish I had one of these "gardens" at my home.
I have already raved on more than I should have so go to the Palm Beach Bungalows web page and check out the awesome coments on the Bali Garden and see the pictures.

Of course queue the wine and cheese and the awesome company and you have a devine weekend that you thought could only exist in movies.

We would highly reccomend Palm Beach Bungalows to anyone wanting either a break from everyone else or those couples looking to have a weekend of purely indulgent romance.

P.S While we were there the ONLY time we did see Brenda (the host) I asked if I could look at some of the other rooms and she politely told me I couldn't because the whole place was booked out. Funnily enough we didn't hear or see anyone else in the whole time we were there!!
How's that for privacy :-)

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2009

We stayed in the Cottage at the Palm Beach Bungalows for 2 nights. It was a beautiful environment , self contained with complete privacy. Surrounded by bush and the glorious sounds of birds we thoroughly enjoyed our soak in the French hot tub! The furnishings are lovely, everything was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The croissants for breakfast should not be missed! Highly recommended as a very luxurious feeling venue that feels like home.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple