“Lovely place, friendly people”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Casa Colonial Torrado 1830
Ranked #38 of 360 Trinidad B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stayed in Casa Colonial 1830 for four nights. This was great place, most "colonial" casa we stayed in Cuba during our journey. You have always count on help from owners. The house is 3 minutes from center of the town. Food is perfect, You have plenty of fruits on breakfast every day. Remember - this is not five star Sheraton, this is marvelous house, modest rooms and extremely friendly Cuban family :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you very much for your nice comments, we are delighted that you have visited us. Whenever they want our house is your house! Good luck,
A warm greeting from Trinidad de Cuba! : <)

There are newer reviews for Casa Colonial Torrado 1830

Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed as Casa Colonial 1830 for one night and had a very warm welcome by Chichi, who offered us first a coffee. He also showed us a save place to park our car which is really helpful in this city. Furthermore, he recommended us places to visit and which not ;-). We had dinner and breakfast and were really pleased about the quality. The house is so nice. Our room was big. The only things we were not so happy with was the not so clean towel and the shower pressure. But I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I spent 4 days in this lovely house in March. It was the best casa particular I stayed in Cuba.
The house and my room is very well looked after. The owner and his family made me feel really welcomed.
The food was great, huge portions and always on time. The house is right in the center of the old town and about 20 meters away from Viazul bus station.
I went on a horse riding trip which was organised by the owner of the casa. it was one of the highlight of my Cuban trip.
I can only recommend this casa.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2012

HORRIBLE service!!!! The owner of the house is fake and she screwed over me and my boyfriend and another couple staying in the house! DO NOT TRUST THEM! We had a taxi organized to pick us up to take us to varadero and the bit** told the driver we left already.... DISHONEST people! If you request something it seems like a hassle. Do not let them prepare food for you as you will waste your time and wait 2 hours. Rooms are ok, small. But because they screwed us over and refused to sell/make food for us at one point...or sell water... I do NOT encourage anyone to stay here. LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE! And if you do stay here just dont let them organize anything for you!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Evelyn G
Yosvaldo S, Propietario at Casa Colonial Torrado 1830, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your comment. Too bad that did not comply with
expectations for visiting our House, the truth is that it always offers the best and the best service available. It is also true that people spend arrogant seeking a distinguished service of five-star hotel, which are far reaching because if you check your book comes to a family home. Another detail that carelessness in his review was to order a dinner for 10 minute delay we left on the table without charging us a penny and you do not know the cost of the products of the same, was therefore the next day was impossible to make them again because food ran the risk of getting lost again. On the taxi mentioned have nothing to do, you chose with whom he was going to Varadero and if the driver honest I leave lying, I remember another little detail, because it did not fit their luggage in the taxi, that's not my problem, we had nothing to do in their decision to ride in this taxi, nor force you to organize anything, Are you Age.

From Trinidad.
Yirina and Chichi

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We stayed at this lovely Casa for 4 nights while in Trinidad. Firstly the location is perfect. Right in the heart of Trinidad town. Yirina and Chichi took very good care of us during our stay. We were very pleased to find that Chichi is a great cook! We had breakfast every day and dinner in the Casa a couple of evenings as well. Fresh local produce and lots of lovely fresh fruit, smoothies and seafood. The interior of this colonial house is beautiful and our twin room with en suite was fresh and clean and well looked after. I would love to go back again someday. An overall lovely experience. Recommended :o) Me lo pase muy bien!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Yosvaldo S, Propietario at Casa Colonial Torrado 1830, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Guest:

It is a pleasure for us that have felt so comfortable in our house, that is the true purpose for which we work for anyone who feels like staying at home, we always apply the motto "My house is your home "
Only remains for me to wish good luck to you we'll meet again, back soon!

Greetings from Trinidad,

Yirina and Chichi

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Chi Chi's smiling face greeted us at the bus terminal, which we were happy to discover is a one minute walk (literally) from their front door. Chi Chi is one of the most genuinely friendly and helpful people I have ever met, not to mention hardworking. His mother Yrina is likewise a gracious and helpful host.

I stayed in the house twice during my travels all over Cuba. I almost made it tip-to-tip and am so glad to have been to the lovely town of Trinidad. Staying in a friendly and comfortable casa made my time there better. In fact, having a place to stay where one feels comfortable is very important, I think. It was also very quiet at night and we always slept soundly. The main front room is very beautiful, in true colonial style, and there is both an outdoor and indoor seating area for meals or lounging on a quiet evening in or during a "depression tropical"...i.e. a sudden, heavy rain related to a massive front moving across the island.

The casa was being renovated, as many of the colonial casas are, and I think it will include many more rooms once completed. The rooms that I stayed in were both comfortable and air conditioned, although the room I stayed in at the front of house, away from the area being renovated, was more what a Westerner would expect in terms of typical B&B style accommodation. That being said, this isn't the West and it's important to realize that be open to life being different in different places, no? Differences aside, everything was clean and as well maintained as possible, and certainly in working order. I ate at the casa for breakfast and dinner and the food was very good and there was always more coffee if we so desired! For dinner, the langosta with malanga was my favourite!

I only once had my laundry done at Yrina and Chi Chi's as I was elsewhere for all other times or did it myself. I have to say that Yrina got my clothes cleaner and fresher smelling by hand than anyone else ever had! It was a lovely bonus to a beautiful stay.

Huge thank yous go to Chi Chi and Yrina and the whole family there for all their hospitality and hard work. I think of you all with fondness and look forward to seeing you all again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AbiR0se

Dear Guest:

Indeed we are very pleased to know that it felt so good in our house, after having traversed the entire island of Cuba from beginning to end, and know that in our house it felt like to us in his great pleasure. It's really the goal for which every day we strive to be better for everyone who comes to our home and be integrated to become part of the family,
A big kiss

Yirina and Chichi.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at this beautifull casa for three nights in february 2012. The casa was clean, had comfortable beds, we were served extreamely good meals (definately try the schrimps!!) and cofee when ever we wanted. Yirina and Chichi helped us with everything, from arranging daytrips to our trip to Viñales. The casa is very central, very close to the bus terminal, but this is a small terminal, so its still a nice and quiet place!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple