Casa de Miriam
  • Restaurant
US$86
Hotels.com
Hotel La Ronda(Trinidad)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewslobsterother guestspositive energyroof terracetwo nightsair conditionedcentre of townplaya anconbreakfast and dinnermealscasahousecubahostesslaughtercourtyardhammocks
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Miriam makes you really feel like home, and by that I meen home at mamas table as we knew it from the old days. She is a very warm and heart driven person and it showes everywhere in Casa Miriam. From the arrival until the day we had to go, it was all excellent, the food, the room, the terrace, the loction of the Casa....it´s very central, and as Trinidad is a very busy town, full of music and happy people that enjoy life..........one would think it´s very loud there, but far from that, it´s very quiet and we slepped wonderful.

Thank´s again Miriam for that unforgettable stay at your house, I warmly recommend it to all Cuba travellers, you won´t regret it.

PS: I´m still dreaming of the nice food...gambas, seafood...mhhhh...delicious.... ;)

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at this casa for 2 nights and we were very satisfied! Miriam is warm and hospitable and the women helping there are super sweet. There is a nice patio in the house where you have breakfast and dinner that is fantastic. We even had a salsa lesson on the terrace. The rooms in the garden are very nice and quiet. The first night however we stayed in an inner room with a window in the kitchen which is not very nice.Also try the mojito is the best we had in Cuba!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I arrived by Viazul at 7AM in Trinidad after a grueling overnight trip, and was met by a bicitaxi at the bus station, which Miriam had unexpectedly arranged for me. I could immediately use my room, and was treated on a very elaborate and delicious breakfast, with Miriam as an enthusiastic and animated conversation partner present.
Although Miriam was originally game for a girls night out, she turned gracefully into a dedicated nurse instead and really went the extra mile when my throat infection got the upper hand: she prepared a pot with boiling water, provided an extra towel, gave me medicines, and prepared a tea with honey and lemon.
The house is lovely (and on walking distance from the historic centre), with several terraces, a covered patio for breakfasts and dinners (ask for her delicious mojitos and lobster!), and quiet rooms in the back with AC, own bathroom, and fridge. You don't have to look further, the price of this happy place is right as well!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank groengras
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Miriam, helped by Linda, make you very welcome and do everything possible to ensure you have a wonderful stay. A lovely big terrace is available to you, with a delicious mojito. We stayed for three nights, Trinidad is a great town, full of life and music. Miriam's is quite central, but still manages to be tranquil and spacious. There are so many places to eat in Trinidad and as we wanted to soak up the atmosphere we only had dinner in the casa one night. We had barbecued fish, cooked by Linda, which was delicious. Highly recommended!

1  Thank SAM2180
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Casa de Miriam for four nights from 8-12 September 2013. We had a really enjoyable stay (both in Trinidad and Miriam's Casa). Staff were brilliant, really friendly and a little crazy (in a good way). We felt very much at home the whole time and felt completely safe and comfortable to leave the room unlocked while we were out of the house.

Food was good and plentiful, both at dinner and breakfast. We were always asked what we wanted to eat early on in the day and the staff took great pride in serving us. Also, the mojitos were excellent!

Slight word of warning - no one in Miriam's house speaks much English and I, someone who speaks pretty good Spanish, found the staff, and especially Miriam, difficult to understand. I found this to be part of the fun, and Miriam didn't mind at all when I asked her to repeat what she had just said over and over again.

Seriously great place to stay if you're laid back and looking for warm hospitality.

Room Tip: There's only two rooms, and both seemed pretty similar.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple